How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim solicitor in Glendale

    Many injury food poisoning cases originated as an illness in a member of staff at the restaurant or café that gave rise to the claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline deal with this sort of claim every week and are well placed to help you with your injury claim solicitor in Glendale food poisoning claim.

    Their personal injury lawyers will set about proving that your food poisoning originated from a particular restaurant and if this is successful then they will negotiate a sum of money for you in compensation.

    In reality, it is easier to prove an injury solicitor Glendale food poisoning case if there has been an outbreak of food poisoning and many people are ill at the same time even if they do not all want to start food poisoning cases. Many outbreaks are caused by an infected food handler and a lack of hygiene.

    How can infected food handlers cause food poisoning claims?

    When you are suffering from diarrhoea and or vomiting, pathogens come out of your body in waste. They can also get on your hands and clothes. Anything that is then touched by your hands and clothes (food or surfaces where food is placed) will get the pathogens on them (become contaminated). This is a big problem if you are a food handler! If someone else in your family is ill you may also have the pathogen in your body even though you are not having any symptoms.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In some cases you will need to be tested before you can work with food. Your supervisor/manger will let you know if and when it is safe for you to come to work. If you have infected damaged skin and you cannot cover it completely with a waterproof dressing you must tell your supervisor/manager

    How does the reporting work in practice?

    If you are a food handler and you , or a member of your household, are suffering from diarrhea or vomiting, you must report it immediately to your manager/supervisor. If you are ill at home, ring your supervisor/manager before you set off for work.

    If you are ill in work, get out of the food handling area and inform your supervisor/manger immediately. If you or any member of your household suffered from these symptoms while you were abroad (e.g. visiting family or on holiday) you must also inform your manager/supervisor.

    When can food handlers come back to work?

    Food handlers must not return to food handling for forty eight hours after those symptoms have stopped. This is because you can still have the pathogen (a harmful micro-organism) in your body for forty eight hours after the symptoms have stopped or after you stopped taking medicine such as anti-diarrhea drugs.

    If these rules are strictly followed then it is much more difficult for infected food handlers to cause food poisoning outbreaks and personal injury claims for food poisoning can be avoided.

    Looking for an injury claim solicitor in Glendale?

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 24th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.