How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim solicitor in Garstang

    Injury claim solicitor in Garstang

    You’ve been out for a meal in the Garstang area with a group of friends and two days later you start to get symptoms of food poisoning. What should you do? Should you call your friends? Should you call your local environmental health officer or should you contact a personal injury law firm like Accident Advice Helpline? Here’s some help.

    Making the first calls

    You probably won’t feel like talking to anyone, but it is important to make some calls or get someone else to do it for you.

    First, give your friends a call. If you have grounds to start a food poisoning claim with an injury claim solicitor in Garstang, then they probably have too! Are they feeling ill? Do they have the same symptoms as you? Did their symptoms start at the same time as yours? Don’t worry if they have slightly different symptoms that started at a different time — everyone’s body reacts differently to the same food poisoning bacteria and you would expect to see a range of start dates and times for the symptoms.

    You may want to ask them what they ate and you may see a pattern of food consumption emerging. Perhaps just the people who ate one particular dish are ill, whilst the others are perfectly alright. You have to be careful with this, though, because some people can be infected with food poisoning bacteria and not show any symptoms – these are called asymptomatic carriers.

    Then, call your family doctor. If you do decide to purse a food poisoning claim with an injury claim solicitor in Garstang, it is important to get your symptoms documented. Your doctor may run some tests in order to work out exactly which type of food poisoning organism has infected you. There are lots of them! Your doctor will also be able to give you some good advice about how to treat your symptoms at home and will assess if you are ill enough to be admitted into hospital. You are more likely to be admitted to hospital if you are very young, very old or already suffering with a chronic disease such as diabetes.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Injury claim solicitor in Garstang

    Also, give the expert team at Accident Advice Helpline a call. We are highly experienced in helping people to start food poisoning and other cases. You will be able to give us some details about your potential claim and we will discuss your options with you. You can call us whenever you like, as we operate a 24/7 hotline on 0800 689 0500.

    Finally, you should notify your local environmental health department if you suspect that you have food poisoning and are thinking about starting a claim with an injury solicitor in Garstang. They will know if any other customers have also had poisoning symptoms – you may be a small part of a much bigger outbreak. If the outbreak is formally investigated and it is concluded that the restaurant was to blame, then this will be useful in your claim.

    Date Published: 17th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.