How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim solicitor in Ganton

    Injury claim solicitor in Ganton

    One of the more unusual cases that the lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline may need to deal with is a food poisoning claim. Food poisoning is an incredibly unpleasant illness and in some severe cases can be life threatening.

    Here is a guide about what you should do if you suspect that you have food poisoning and may want to start a food poisoning claim with an injury claim solicitor in Ganton.

    Do you really have food poisoning?

    The first step is to recognise that you have food poisoning, as you can only start a food poisoning claim with an injury claim solicitor in Ganton if you definitely have an illness caused by some food that you purchased. The main symptoms of food poisoning are usually:

    • Nausea;
    • Vomiting;
    • Diarrhoea; and
    • Abdominal cramps.

    Some types of food poisoning also cause fever. If you suspect that you have food poisoning you should contact your doctor. They will be able to give you some advice on how to deal with the symptoms. It is unusual to try to cure food poisoning – it is unlikely that you will be prescribed any antibiotics. The main focus of treatment is to prevent dehydration. Your doctor may alert you to the signs of serious dehydration so that you can look out for them, and may also prescribe you an oral remedy which will help to rehydrate your body. It really is just a question of looking after yourself and resting while you wait for it pass.

    Food poisoning symptoms can last for several days or even weeks. There are some serious complications that can follow some types of food poisoning, and if you feel that you are not recovering or are getting worse then you should consult your doctor. Food poisoning is most serious in the very young and the elderly. It can also be very dangerous for patients whose immune system is not working properly, for example because they are undergoing chemotherapy.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your family doctor may want to carry out some tests to establish which type of food poisoning you have suffered. This will involve some medical laboratory tests which will be able to look for bacterial, viral and parasitic organisms that can cause food poisoning. These tests can take a few days to carry out.

    There are several other diseases that cause symptoms that are very similar to food poisoning. Several people with norovirus (sometimes called winter vomiting disease) think that they have food poisoning, but this disease is not necessarily passed on by food.

    Making a food poisoning claim with an injury claim lawyer in Ganton

    Accident Advice Helpline can help you with your food poisoning claim. Give us a call any time of the day or night on 0800 689 0500 and explain that you feel that you may have grounds for a claim. Our friendly, professional advisers will discuss your case with you and advise you on how you can proceed. There are expert personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline who specialise in helping clients with food poisoning claims.

    Date Published: 17th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.