How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Soho

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Soho

    If a Car You Bought Leads to an Injury, Make an Injury Claim in Soho

    There is nothing wrong with buying a used car if it is offered in good condition and is roadworthy. In many cases it can work out much cheaper to buy a used car, and you are likely to get just as much mileage out of the car in its lifetime as if you bought it new. For those looking for a well-priced first car, or a second car for their family, making the choice to buy a used car is a good one. However, if the car is sold to you turns out not to be roadworthy, this can be very dangerous and may even cause an accident.

    If you are in an accident due to the car you have bought not being roadworthy, you may be able to make an injury claim in Soho against the person who sold you the car. It does not matter whether you bought it from a car dealership or a private owner — if it has been sold to you without the correct information, then you should be able to claim compensation.

    How Can I Make an Injury Claim in Soho?

    The easiest way for you to make an injury claim in Soho is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our team will do what they can to help you to make a successful injury claim in Soho against the person who sold you the vehicle. A team of personal injury lawyers will work on your behalf to get you the compensation that you deserve. All you need to do is provide evidence that the vehicle was not roadworthy when it was sold to you and proof of your injuries.

    How Can I Tell If a Car Is Not Roadworthy?

    The things you should be looking out for include:

    • Headlights that don’t work;
    • Cracked or damaged wing mirrors;
    • Damaged or worn out tyres;
    • Faulty brakes;
    • A faulty exhaust system; and
    • Broken or damaged seatbelts.

    What Should I Do If My Car Is Not Roadworthy?

    If you suspect that your car is not roadworthy after you have bought it, take it back to the dealer or seller. Driving a car that you suspect or know to be unroadworthy can be against the law and is far more likely to cause accidents. If you knew that the car should not be on the road and still drove it, then you may not be able to make an injury claim in Soho.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Approach the seller and ask for a refund or for them to pay for the repairs the car needs so that it is safe to drive. If you have purchased the car from a dealership, you may be able to get Trading Standards involved should the dealership refuse to refund or repair the car.

    Date Published: 17th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.