Got symptoms of vibration white finger and need to make an injury claim in Smallburgh?
Vibration white finger is also known as hand arm vibration syndrome or dead finger. It causes changes in sensory perception, which can lead to permanent numbness in the fingers, muscle weakness and even result in the fingers turning white.
What causes vibration white finger?
As the name suggests, vibration white finger is caused by repeated and frequent use of vibrating tools such as power drills and is usually an industrial injury as a result of poor training and inadequate health and safety procedures. It is unclear how vibrating tools cause this condition, but it is thought that slight and repeated injury is caused to the small nerves and blood vessels in the fingers and hands.
Symptoms of vibration white finger
To start with, you may not realise you have the condition as it quite often starts in just the fingertips. As time goes on you may experience:
- Pins and needles in fingers
- Numbness which may be worse at night
- Restricted blood flow to fingers leading to them turning blue and even white
- Pain which can become worse when the hands are cold or wet.
Diagnosis of vibration white finger
The doctor will conduct a physical examination of your fingers and hands to check:
- Your grip strength
- Your ability to perform fine motor movements
Preventing vibration white finger
Vibration white finger may be prevented by:
- Holding tools as loosely as possible and varying the position that they are held in
- Making sure that the tools are well maintained and serviced regularly
- Making sure that the employee is trained and supervised to ensure correct use of the tool and that the right tool is used for the job
- Ensure that regular breaks are taken to prevent overuse of the tool
- Ensure that your hands are kept warm and dry whilst working
Making your injury claim in Smallburgh
If you have suffered the symptoms of vibration white finger through an incident that wasn’t your fault, then you may be able to make an injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline are well placed to offer you the right advice at a time when you need it most. With over a decade of experience, they have the expertise to provide up to date no obligation information to allow you to decide if you wish to proceed with your injury claim. Their legal partners all work on a 100% no win no fee* basis and are dedicated to providing a reliable and professional service throughout your injury claim.
You can call the friendly team of advisors on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. Alternatively, you can take their online test and find out in just 30 seconds if you can make an injury claim. It’s quick and decisive. Are you?