Have you had a cycle accident and need to know more about making an injury claim in Skipton?
Cycling is a great way of getting more exercise whilst avoiding the traffic congestion on our roads. Not only is it a cheap and healthy way of getting around, but it also ensures that we keep as active as possible.
If you have suffered an accident whilst cycling that wasn’t your fault and it occurred within the last 3 years, then you can make an injury claim in Skipton.
Accidents involving cyclists
- If you live in an urban area, you are more likely to have an accident than if you live in a rural area due to increased traffic congestion
- Many accidents involving cyclists occur mostly at road junctions and roundabouts
- Accidents on high speed roads with heavy traffic which involve cyclists are much more likely to result in a fatality
- Many cycle accidents occur as a result of poor road surface and potholes
- Early mornings and evenings are vulnerable times of day to be out on a bike due to poor lighting and increased traffic flow
- Busy road users such as taxi drivers and delivery drivers are especially dangerous to cyclists. They may be in a hurry and fail to see the cyclist in time.
- During Spring and Summer months, more cyclists suffer accidents as the weather encourages them to use their bikes more.
- The age of the cyclist can affect the type of injury that they sustain. Small children tend to have an accident by showing off on the bike or going too fast losing control. Older children and adults tend to have high speed collisions with other road users.
- Entering the road on a bike from the pavement can cause the cyclist to collide with other road users and become injured.
Injuries caused by an accident as a cyclist
Due to the lack of protection a bike offers its rider, the impact of an accident can cause serious injuries especially a collision at high speed.
- Injuries to limbs especially the legs. This can cause long term disability and problems with mobility.
- Chest and abdominal injuries. These usually occur alongside head injuries.
- Head injuries – vary from cuts and bruises, concussion, skull fracture and brain damage.
Making your injury claim in Skipton
If you have suffered a painful accident as a cyclist and it wasn’t your fault, in the last 3 years, then contact Accident Advice Helpline. They provide no obligation advice and assistance in making your injury claim in Skipton. As the leading experts in processing personal injury compensation claims, they can take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Make the call or take part in their unique online 30 second test and see if you can make an injury claim in Skipton today. Call us on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 21st September 2013