Carpal tunnel syndrome and your injury claim in Sindelsham
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful, problematic and common condition which may affect people of all ages. However, certain people may be more susceptible to developing carpal tunnel syndrome than others. If you have developed this illness, you may be eligible to make an injury claim in Sindelsham for it.
Who can develop carpel tunnel syndrome?
- people with a family history of carpal tunnel syndrome
- pregnant women may develop carpal tunnel syndrome
- injuries sustained to the wrist increases susceptibility to carpal tunnel syndrome developing
- pre existing conditions such as diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis also increase the likelihood of carpal tunnel syndrome developing
- people who carry out repetitive and strenuous work with the hands
- people who do regular heavy lifting
Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
The symptoms may develop gradually over a period of time and may be worse at night. The syndrome is caused by the compression of the median nerve that controls movement and sensation in the hands.
The carpal tunnel is a narrow passage made up of eight small bones, called the carpal bones, and tendons which allow the fingers to bend. Symptoms may include:
- pins and needles in the fingers
- weakness of the thumb
- dull ache in the hand or arm
Treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome
Many sufferers of carpal tunnel syndrome try self-care measures such as wrist splints and resting the wrist to reduce mild symptoms. However, if symptoms persist and become debilitating, then medical advice should be sought.
- the doctor may prescribe steroid injections into the wrist to relieve moderate pain
- surgery may be required to relieve more painful carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms when the pressure on the median nerve becomes severe
Making your injury claim in Sindelsham
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful and distressing condition which can have a profound effect on the quality of patients’ lives. If you have suffered with the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome and would like to make an injury claim in Sindelsham, then contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We will help smooth the process of making you claim.
We offer helpful and relevant advice to inform you of your legal right to claim compensation and let you decide if you wish to start an injury claim in Sindelsham.
Accident Advice Helpline have a team of solicitors who work on their behalf on a no-win, no-fee basis, to ensure the best outcome for your injury claim in Sindelsham.
As long as the injury wasn’t caused by your fault, and it occurred within the last 3 years, then you can claim for carpal tunnel syndrome. Or, if you prefer, why not go on line and take our 30-second on line test and see if you qualify to make your injury claim? if you do, the calculator will give you an estimate of the amount you may be awarded.
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline now
You can call us at Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, from a landline. To call from a mobile, ring 0333 500 0993. Call now and find out how we can help you with the claims’ process.