Had an accident and suffered facial trauma? Make an injury claim in Silloth!
Accidents seem to happen to us when we least expect them to and unfortunately they can cause serious injuries which can be life changing. Facial injuries are caused when there is trauma to the face, upper jaw, lower jaw, cheek, nose or forehead.
Facial trauma can be caused by:
- Road traffic accidents which can cause head and facial injuries
- A slop. trip or fall
- Injury when the head or facial area are penetrated by a sharp object
Symptoms of facial injury
Depending on the severity of the accident, the symptoms can include:
- Changes in facial sensation
- Mis-shaped facial bones or uneven facial features
- Double vision
- Missing teeth
- Difficulty breathing through the nose due to swelling of nasal passages and bleeding
- Swelling around the eyes that may cause problems with vision
Diagnosis of facial injury
A medical practitioner will conduct a physical examination and carry out some routine tests which may indicate:
- Facial lacerations in the skin
- Bleeding from the nose, eyes, mouth or nasal blockages due to swelling
- Bruising to the eye socket or widening of the distance between the eyes which may indicate damage to bones between the eye sockets
- Abnormal sensations on the cheek indicating bone fractures
- When the head is still, the upper jaw may still move indicating bone fractures
- Conduct a CT scan to indicate any internal injuries
Treating facial injuries
If the symptoms indicate that facial injuries are severe and there may be fractures to facial bones, then surgery may be needed to avoid facial deformity. Initially, treatment is carried out to control bleeding and create a clear airway to reduce the risk of further conditions developing. Surgery may involve inserting titanium plates and screws to fix broken bones and ensure that facial deformity is avoided.
Making your injury claim in Silloth
If you, or some one you know, has suffered an accident that wasn’t their fault, and it occurred within the last 3 years, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury claim for any facial injuries that you may have suffered.
Accident Advice Helpline is a highly respected and well known personal injury compensation provider who employ solicitors to work on their behalf on a 100% no win, no fee* basis ensuring a satisfactory outcome to your personal injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline have in excess of 10 years’ experience in processing claims for personal injuries just like yours. With a 24 hours, 7 days a week telephone helpline, they are always available to take your call and answer any queries you may have about the claims process, leaving you to decide if you wish to start your claim. If you prefer, why not go online and take part in their unique 30 second on line test and find out if the circumstances of your claim entitle you to make a personal injury compensation claim today?