Making an injury claim in Seaton when you have contracted and industrial illness
There are many causes of industrial illnesses and many types of the conditions. If you have contracted one of these, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Seaton.
The causes of industrial illness or disease
Most of the conditions are work-related and can be caused by:
- Exposure to chemicals or dangerous substances;
- Having to twist and turn your body in awkward positions;
- Constant use of vibrating tools;
- Heavy lifting without proper training how to lift; and
- Constant exposure to loud noise.
Some of the illnesses that are industrial
The list of industrial illnesses and diseases is endless, but some of the most common ones are:
- Industrial deafness – caused by prolonged exposure to loud noise;
- Dermatitis – a skin problem;
- Vibration white finger – caused by constant use of vibrating tools;
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – caused by the constant and prolonged use of vibrating tools, as well as repetitive actions such as a typist would make;
- Repetitive strain injury – caused by constantly using muscles in movements that are not normal for them and puts them under stress;
- Back injuries – heavy lifting usually causes these problems. There is a correct way and a wrong way to lift heavy goods, and you should have proper training in how to do so;
- Arm vibration syndrome – caused by the constant use of vibrating tools; and
- Asbestos-related diseases – asbestos is a very cheap and flexible material that was used extensively in the construction and shipbuilding industries in the second half of the last century. It is made up of millions of fibres that as long as they stay together are safe. Unfortunately, as soon as you start to move asbestos, the fibres turn to dust and float in the air. These dust particles settle in the lining of the lungs, and sometimes as much as 40 years later create diseases such as lung cancer and asbestosis.
If you have any of these problems, you should make an injury claim in Seaton.
Time to make your personal injury compensation claim
If you contract an industrial illness or disease, or have an accident of any sort in which you are injured, and the accident is no fault of your own, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to make your injury claim in Seaton.
There is a 30-second test on our website that will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded. Or, you can call our helpline on freephone number 0800 689 0500. Our trained advisors will be happy to discuss your accident and resulting injuries, and if you wish to proceed will start the processes of your claim.