How to make a whiplash injury claim in Seascale
Whiplash is a very painful injury and can be disabling for its duration. Because of some dishonest people out there who have claimed to have it when they have not, it has a bad reputation and is often sneered at. But if you have sustained whiplash in an accident that was not your fault, you should make an injury claim in Seascale.
How whiplash occurs
Whiplash can happen in many ways. The most common are:
- Tripping and hitting your head as you fall;
- Something heavy or solid hitting your head;
- Sporting injuries that involve a sudden twisting to the neck; and
- A rear-end shunt in which the other car hits with such force that your head is jolted forwards, backwards or sideways.
If any of these happen to you because of an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim in Seascale for compensation.
The sudden jerking of the head causes damage to the tendons and ligaments in the neck, which create the whiplash symptoms. These can vary depending on the severity, but can include:
- Blurred vision;
- Pain and swelling in the neck area;
- Stiffness to the neck;
- Pins and needles in the arms and legs;
- Headaches; and
There are no medical tests for whiplash. The doctor who gives your diagnosis will depend on your symptoms and the knowledge of recent trauma to your neck to make a decision.Open Claim Calculator
Whiplash recovery time
The recovery time depends on the severity of the injury and the victim being able to rest the neck. A mild case of whiplash will mend on its own over a few weeks, but serious cases can take much longer and some people never recover fully.
For treating whiplash:
- Your neck should be rested for a few days and you can then start gentle neck exercises, building up gradually to strengthen the neck;
- Neck braces are used normally only in serious cases;
- Ice packs wrapped in a tea towel before putting it on your skin;
- Painkillers; and
Making a personal injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline will make your injury claim in Seascale for you. We have dealt with numerous whiplash claims and have the knowledge and expertise you need to ensure that you reach a successful conclusion. If you have whiplash from an accident that was not your fault, you should make a personal injury compensation claim without delay.
Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will discuss your accident and injuries with you, give you free legal advice, and start the claim if you wish to proceed. You will be under no obligation to do so — the choice will be yours.