If you have lost a loved one in an accident that was not their own fault, you should make a fatal injury claim
When you lose a loved one because of an accident that was not their own fault, the effects are horrendous. The loss is bad enough, but knowing it was unnecessary is even worse, and when the initial shock is over, the guilty party should compensate you for their mistake. We know that no amount of money will bring them back, but the family needs to ensure they are financially stable – money worries are not an additional burden they need.
Particularly if the deceased was the main breadwinner, an injury claim in Scunthorpe is important
If the deceased lost their life because:
- They were the victim of an accident caused by someone else
- They were the victim of a violent crime
- They were the victim of medical negligence
Who can claim compensation for the loss of a loved one?
In the UK, the law states that anyone who was dependent on the deceased can make a fatal injury claim, including in Scunthorpe. This covers:
- A husband or ex husband
- A wife or ex wife
- A civil partner or former civil partner
- Someone who has been living with the deceased as husband or wife, for at least two years
- A parent
- Uncles and aunts
- Nieces and nephews
- A child
- Someone who lived with the deceased and was treated as their child
- Brothers and sisters
When the family feel able to, they should contact Accident Advice Helpline for help in making the fatal injury claim.
The family may be able to claim for several things
When a fatal injury compensation claim is made, there are several things that have to be taken into account, such as:Open Claim Calculator
- Funeral costs
- Probate costs
- The pain and suffering of the deceased, if they were aware of pain before they died
- Loss of future income, this would be higher the younger the deceased was, on the assumption they had more years to work left
- The cost of other jobs the deceased did, such as gardening and decorating
We will help make the fatal injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with fatal injury compensation claims since 2000. We have helped many thousands of families get the compensation to which they were entitled. Our staff has compassion, we know it is not easy for bereaved families to have to deal with these things. We will take the strain away from them and make sure they are dealt with respectfully, as they deserve.
Our in house solicitors are experienced and have the knowledge needed to deal with the large organisations that normally settle personal injury compensation claims.
Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for you to call whenever you want. The number is 0800 180 4123 and our friendly professional advisors will give you free legal advice, talk through your claim with you. If you decide you want to proceed, they will start the required processes.