Injury claim in Salcombe


An injury claim in Salcombe because of faulty goods

Goods supplied to consumers have to be safe, and the main responsibility for this lies with the manufacturer, producer or importer. If one of them fails in this duty, you may be able to make an injury claim in Salcombe against them.

How to avoid an injury claim in Salcombe

To make sure the products they supply to consumers are safe, manufacturers, producers and importers should be doing the following:

  • The safety of their products should be monitored continuously;
  • If they find a health or safety problem, they must act on it straight away;
  • Clear warnings of the risks should be on each individual product; and
  • The warnings should be easily understandable to the consumer.

If they do not comply with these, or any or health and safety measures applicable to their products, they may find themselves facing an injury claim in Salcombe.

If you are injured because of faulty goods, the manufacturer may have to face an injury claim in Salcombe

It is nothing unusual for a faulty goods injury claim in Salcombe to include more than one business. If a manufacturer makes a product from parts supplied by different companies and an injury claim is made against that manufacturer, all the suppliers are liable as well.

How to report faulty goods

If some electrical item is sold with a dangerous fault, for instance, there is a good chance that more of the same product will have the same fault. To stop other people being injured as you have been, you should report the defective product to the Trading Standards Office.

Trading Standards Officers have the powers to:

  • Get permission from the courts to destroy the goods;
  • Prosecute the guilty party, which can result in heavy fines or imprisonment;
  • Seize goods for safety testing;
  • Order the halt of sales of the product; and
  • Demand a recall of the defective goods.

Do retailers have much responsibility?

Wholesalers and retailers are not normally liable for damage to a claimant or their property. They are selling the finished product, and unless they sell this to you knowing it is unsafe, the liability is firmly placed on the shoulders of whoever produced or imported the goods.

Who can help me?

Accident Advice Helpline is where to make your personal injury compensation claim. We were established in 2000 to provide access to justice to the non-fault victims of accidents under the no win no fee* agreement. This agreement was introduced to the personal injury claim industry in the 1999 Finance Act, after legal aid for claims was abolished in 1998.

On our website there is a compensation calculator which we refer to as the 30-second test, because that is all it takes to find out if you qualify to make a personal injury compensation claim. Not only that, but it will give you an indication of the amount you can expect to be awarded.

We have a helpline that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is 0800 689 0500. You can speak to one of our friendly advisors who will be pleased to assist you all they can.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )