Can I make an injury claim in Rutherglen for a warehouse accident?
Accidents often happen in warehouses, they can be dangerous places to work. If you happen to be involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you were injured through it, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Rutherglen.
A warehouse accident that can result in an injury claim in Rutherglen
Some of the common events that cause accidents are:
- Objects falling onto people – If something is stacked too high and one falls off the top and lands on some ones head, there could well be a resulting injury that would need an injury claim in Rutherglen. Even a small object, if it falls from a big height, can cause a lot of damage.
- Heavy lifting injuries – Proper training is the way to avoid this. The law states that as much manual handling as possible should be eliminated, and where this cannot be, every safety measure should be in place.
- Accidents involving a fork lift truck – An essential piece of equipment in any warehouse, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They should be properly maintained and only qualified drivers should operate them
- Falling from heights – Warehouses often need workers to work above floor level throughout the day. The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to work above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way round it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- People tripping over objects left on the floor – Walkways should be kept free of obstructions. It is not unusual for the victim to have their hands full and be oblivious to the obstruction.
- Spillages on the floor should be cleared up as soon as possible – Oil particularly can be very slippy and if someone is carrying something heavy, slips and it falls on them, the results could be a very nasty injury.
The dangers of working in a warehouse are numerous, and the above are only a few suggestions as to what could happen.
What protection is available for warehouse employees?
To protect them, employers can:
- Issue everyone with a hard hat and make sure the workers wear them
- High-vis jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
- Provide protective clothing such as boots and gloves
Accidents in warehouses will always happen and all that the employers can do is try to reduce the risks as much as possible.Open Claim Calculator
Who can I go to for help?
If after everything being done correctly, you are still in an accident at the warehouse, that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline.
Either through our website on by phone, we will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. You can call us anytime, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.