Can you make an injury claim for work-related accidents?
All employers have a legal duty to their employees. They have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff while they are in the workplace, and if they do not then they may find themselves facing an injury claim in Rushyford.
What can an employer do to try and avoid an injury claim in Rushyford?
These are just a few of the things an employer needs to do. If they do not keep the workplace safe and you have an accident through their negligence, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Rushyford. They should:
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- Make sure employees take proper breaks;
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction;
- Have a health and safety policy, the details of which all staff are aware;
- Making sure you have enough room to work in comfortably;
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and safe;
- Provide, free of charge, any clothing you need to protect you;
- Ensure you are properly trained to use any plant and equipment;
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings; and
- Record accidents in an accident book.
Work-related accidents can produce extremely serious injuries and sometimes even deaths, but even if your injury is minor you should discuss it with Accident Advice Helpline to see if you are able to make an injury claim in Rushyford.
Will a boss be forced out of business by the claim?
Another legal requirement for most employers is that they have employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million, although a lot of insurance companies have an entry level of £10 million. It is this insurance that will pay any personal injury compensation claims. You need have no worry about putting your boss out of business.
Who will be able to sort out my work-related claim?
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help you make your injury claim in Rushyford. For over 16 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents and crimes. We have helped many thousands of claimants to get the compensation to which they are entitled and have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Accident Advice Helpline have in-house solicitors who have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, so that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
On our website we have a compensation calculator which we call the 30-second test. This will help you to decide if you qualify for compensation and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our number, 0800 689 0500/0333 500 0993 from mobiles. This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so we are here to give you free advice whenever you want to call.
Date Published: 15th September 2013
Author: David Brown