How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Runcorn

    Which insurance will pay an injury claim in Runcorn?

    The main types of insurance that will pay for an injury claim in Runcorn are:

    • Employer’s liability insurance;
    • Product liability insurance;
    • Motor insurance; and
    • Public liability insurance.

    If you want to make an injury claim in Runcorn, the majority of cases will involve an insurance company, as in most situations people or organisations have insurance cover of some sort.

    Motor insurance

    If you are involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, it would be the other driver’s insurance that would pay your claim. If the other party was uninsured, your compensation claim in Runcorn would be made with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). They are there to make sure that a non-fault victim of an accident does not lose out because of the lack of insurance. All companies that offer motor insurance have to be a member of the MIB. Each year they must pay them a levy to cover the costs of compensation claims because of uninsured drivers.

    Employer’s liability insurance

    Employers have a legal duty to have employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million. Most insurance companies have an entry level of £10 million. Employers also have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees. Most do, but if they do not and you have an accident then you may be entitled to make an injury claim for compensation.

    Product liability insurance

    If you are harmed because of a defective product, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Runcorn. Wholesalers and shops are not normally responsible for the safety of goods unless they knowingly sell an unsafe product. The liability lies with the manufacturers, producers and importers to ensure that the products are safe and that consumers are aware of any risks there may be.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Public liability insurance

    There is usually no limit on the amount of cover given by these policies. This insurance would be used if you had a slip, trip or fall in a public place and needed to make an injury claim in Runcorn. Shops, offices, cinemas and any other business that the public visit would need this insurance. The same applies to local authorities, government departments and health trusts to name a few.

    We will deal with them for you

    If you have had any type of accident that was not your fault, Accident Advice Helpline are here for you. We can assist you in making your personal injury compensation claim. Insurance companies are notorious for having complicated forms, asking awkward questions and generally making life difficult for the claimant. Our solicitors are used to this. They deal with insurance companies day in, day out. They have the knowledge and expertise needed to keep the claims process simple and efficient. This will make life easier for you.

    We have a 30-second test on this website. It will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may receive. Alternatively, you can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500. You can speak to one of our friendly advisors for free legal advice. From a mobile, the number to call us on is 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 13th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.