How to make an injury claim in Rosudgeon for whiplash
Whiplash has a bad name – a lot of people tend to sneer at it, thinking it’s not a proper injury – but just ask a sufferer and they will put you right. Whiplash can be extremely painful and disabling. If it has happened to you, make an injury claim in Rosudgeon.
How does whiplash happen?
Whiplash can happen in many ways, the most common being:
- Something heavy or solid hitting your head;
- Playing contact sports such as rugby or boxing;
- A rear-end shunt where the other car hits with such force that your head is jolted forwards, backwards or sideways; or
- Tripping over and hitting your head.
If any of these happen to you through no fault of your own, you may be able to make an injury claim in Rosudgeon.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
The sudden jolting of the head causes damage to the tendons and ligaments in the neck, which creates the symptoms of whiplash. These can vary depending on the severity, but can include:
- Blurred vision;
- Pain and swelling in the neck area;
- Stiffness to the neck;
- Pins and needles in the arms and legs;
- Headaches; and
There are no medical tests for whiplash. The medical practitioner who provides your diagnosis will depend on your symptoms and the knowledge of recent trauma to the neck to make their diagnosis.Open Claim Calculator
Will it take a long time to recover from whiplash?
The recovery time depends on the severity of the injury and the victim doing exactly as they should. A mild case of whiplash will mend on its own over a few weeks, but serious cases can take much longer and some people never recover fully.
The treatment for whiplash can include:
- Ice packs – you should never put ice directly onto your skin, but instead always wrap it in something first such as a tea towel;
- Pain killers – over the counter painkillers should be strong enough, but if not speak to your doctor for something stronger;
- Rest for the neck – your neck should be rested for a few days and then start gentle neck exercises, building up gradually to strengthen the neck;
- Neck braces – these are used normally only in serious cases; and
- Physiotherapy – this can be useful to strengthen the neck after a whiplash injury.
Who can help me?
Accident Advice Helpline can. Our helpline is open seven days a week. You can call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will discuss your accident and injuries with you, give you free legal advice, and start the injury claim in Rosudgeon if you wish to proceed. You will be under no obligation to do so.
Our solicitors are experts in the field of personal injury compensation claims. They will deal with your claim quickly and efficiently to get you the compensation you deserve, while making it as trouble-free as possible for you.