At some point, most people will have been on a bus or coach when the driver has had to slam on his brakes for some reason, and will know that if you happen to be standing at the time it can cause you to fall. Most of us at some time will have seen bus and coach accidents reported on the news, usually because of the large numbers of victims that can be injured or killed in them.
Innocent victims of accidents on buses or coaches are entitled to compensation, and the way to get this is by making a personal injury claim in Rossendale.
The accidents that happen on buses and coaches and result in a personal injury claim in Rossendale
Most people travel safely to their destination on a bus or coach, but sometimes accidents happen, and it is most improbable that as a passenger it was the victim’s fault.
- Drivers sometimes takes bends to quickly and throw passengers from their seats, this can cause an injury depending on how they land. Landing awkwardly could easily cause an excessive twist to their neck and create a whiplash injury.
- Accidents with other road vehicles happen daily, and they are not always the fault of the bud or coach driver, but they are not your fault either.
- Badly stacked luggage can fall onto a passenger if the driver has to brake suddenly, or swerve to miss something in the road.
- If they start to pull away before someone has properly boarded, the victim could fall and end up under the wheels of the vehicle.
- If you happen to be coming down the stairs on one of the huge vehicles, just that the driver has to brake, you could easily fall the rest of the way and sustain injuries in the fall.
- Damaged seats can have sharp pieces that could cut into you.
Most bus and coach companies take the safety of their passengers very seriously, but as in all industries, there are those who consider health and safety to be too costly in both money and time. But as with all places the public use, it is their legal duty to ensure you are safe, and if you are injured in an accident that was their fault you can make a personal injury claim in Rossendale against them.
Starting your personal injury claim in Rossendale
Staring your claim is easy. You can visit the website of Accident Advice Helpline and find a mine of information about making compensation claims. You will also find our 30 second test, which is how many claimants start their claim. It tells you is you qualify for compensation, and gives you an estimate of how much it could be.Open Claim Calculator
When you have had time to digest that information, one of our friendly advisors will call you to see if they can be of any further help. Or you can call them direct on our freephone number 0800 180 4123. All your questions about making claims will be answered without any charge or obligation to proceed, that choice is yours alone.