You are 40 times more likely to be killed in a motorbike accident than in a car accident. Will your injury claim in Rosebank be because of injuries or fatalities?
A statistic like that is frightening when you consider that motorbikes account for only 1% of the traffic on UK roads. 1% of traffic, 20% of accidents and 40 times more likely to die – why should this be the case? Mainly because the motorbike rider does not have the protection of the bubble around them that the car driver has. This is why the numbers are so nasty and why they may need to make an injury claim in Rosebank.
Can they reduce the risks for themselves?
They can to a certain extent, but even taking precautions they are much more exposed. They are also more likely to have an accident that doesn’t involve any other vehicle, due to a pothole or oil on the road throwing them from their bike. What they can do is:
- Make sure their helmet is a good fit and quality. Cheap helmets have not always got the standard of protection needed, so purchase yours from a reputable dealer. If it is dropped or damaged, discard and replace it as the integrity will be in doubt;
- Good sturdy boots to protect your feet;
- Quality leather gloves for hand protection; and
- Leather trousers and jacket may well stop you losing skin and flesh in road rash.
Wearing the right gear can help to reduce the severity of the injuries, but riders may still want to make an injury claim in Rosebank for compensation.
So the risks are reduced, what sort of injuries may they still have that would result in an injury claim in Rosebank?
Even properly attired, the injuries from a motorbike accident can still be severe, and can include:Open Claim Calculator
- Biker’s arm – the full weight of the bike falls onto the rider and crushes the arm;
- Road rash – the rider slides along the road, removing skin and flesh from his body;
- Broken bones – a choice of 206 bones in the human body to break;
- Head and brain injuries – one of the most common injuries for bikers;
- Back and spinal injuries – may stop them from riding in the future; and
- Fatal injuries – the injury claim would need to be made by a family member.
There are numerous other injuries that could occur in a motorbike accident, and any one of them may mean you can make an injury claim in Rosebank.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make your personal injury compensation claim
We have over 15 years’ experience of helping claimants to get the compensation they are entitled to because of their injuries sustained in accidents that were not their fault. We have the expertise you need for a successful claim – just call our friendly advisors on 0800 689 0500 and they will take it from there.