How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Romney Marsh

    If you were made ill by the meal you had out last night, you may be able to make an injury claim in Romney Marsh.

    Sometimes you go out, perhaps for a romantic evening, have a meal at your favourite restaurant, and then spend the next week ill in bed. Not good – but then food poisoning never is. It can be a lot worse, even leading to fatalities. If you are made ill by food poisoning, you may well want to consider making an injury claim in Romney Marsh.

    How come it went so wrong?

    There are certain things that restaurants and other suppliers of foods, need to be aware of:

    • They should ensure the food is properly cooked;
    • They should make sure it has been stored at the proper temperature;
    • They need to check that the food is still in date;
    • Their preparation areas and their staff must be clean;
    • They should try to avoid the cross contamination of foods; and
    • Any food that is already cooked should not be kept warm for too long.

    If they follow these rules, which are all common sense, they should have no problems with the food they are serving and therefore not have to face an injury claim in Romney Marsh.

    Did the type of food make it worse?

    There are certain foods that are more susceptible to becoming contaminated, and once they are the bacteria spread very quickly. The foods for which extra care is needed include:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • White meats such as poultry and pork;
    • Any meat that is raw;
    • Raw eggs;
    • Burgers;
    • Sausages;
    • Kebabs;
    • Pre-packed sandwiches;
    • Cooked sliced meats;
    • Shellfish;
    • Soft cheeses;
    • Pate; and
    • Unpasteurised milk.

    If you ate any of these on your evening out, and they had not been treated properly, that could be the cause of your food poisoning and the need to make an injury claim in Romney Marsh.

    Don’t be too quick to blame the restaurant

    It may not be the fault of the restaurant that the food is bad. The contamination could have happened before it reached them and it is not always visible. If this was the case, it would be their supplier that was at fault.

    Report the problem to find the answer

    If one person gets food poisoning from a food outlet, there stands a good chance that others will as well. The source of the infection needs finding and this is the job of the Food Standards Agency. You need to report your incident to them; they will track down where it has happened and take whatever steps are necessary to prevent it reoccurring.

    Now you need to consider if you want to make a personal injury compensation claim

    If you do, you need to contact Accident Advice Helpline. Since 2000, we have been handling all types of accidents and illness which have happened through someone else’s fault or negligence. We have helped many thousands of claimants to get the compensation they deserved, and now we can help you.

    Contact our advisors on 0800 689 0500 and they will discuss your case with you, and if after considering your options you decide to proceed, they will take over from there.

    Date Published: 14th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.