Can I make a head injury claim in Rishton?
Rishton is a small town in Lancashire famous for being the first place to make calico cloth on an industrial scale. Unfortunately, if any of the 7,500 residents are in an accident, they may sustain a head injury and need to make an injury claim in Rishton.
What types of brain injury can I make my injury claim in Rishton for?
There are quite a few types of brain injury, such as:
- Brain confusion, which is bruised or swollen brain tissue that occurs when the skull is cracked or broken;
- Bleeding around the brain;
- Bleeding between the brain and the skull;
- Concussion, which is the mildest and most common;
- Closed head injury, which is where the impact has not broken the skull;
- Penetrating head injury, where an object fractures the skull and enters the brain; and
- Diffuse brain injury, which is where the brain is thrown around within the skull. Hitting the skull can cause damage in several areas.
There are many ways in which these injuries can happen and they can all have different effects for different people, but may mean an injury claim in Rishton needs to be made.
What are the symptoms I can expect from a brain injury?
How different people cope with brain injures may vary, as every accident is unique and life changing and every victim is unique. However, the common symptoms are:
- Speed of thought;
- Memory loss;
- Changes in emotional reactions and behaviour;
- Altered sense of smell, taste or touch;
- Loss of or altered speech;
- Short concentration span;
- Difficulty with balance, coordination or walking; and
- Weakness or paralysis.
The problems that can arise when you have a brain injury are things like anxiety, depression and the inability to understand or not comprehend. The injury is not visible, but it can have a huge impact on the whole family of the victim. Because the brain is the control centre for everybody, it should be no surprise that such injuries can change your life completely and you may need to make a injury claim in Rishton for financial help.
Can the family make an injury claim if the victim is no longer capable?
Yes, they can. Why should the victim lose out because they can no longer care for themselves? Accident Advice Helpline were established in 2000 to provide access to justice for the blameless victims of accidents and crime, and we have been very successful in this field. We have helped many thousands of claimants to obtain the personal injury compensation to which they were entitled.
We are exceptional in dealing with brain injury cases. If you or someone else on your behalf want to make an injury claim in Rishton, we will handle this for you. We operate on a no win no fee basis, so at this very stressful time you will not need to worry about financing your claim. We do not receive any payment until your claim as been won.
Our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, is open all day, every day, with advisors who you will find friendly and compassionate.
Date Published: 15th September 2013
Author: David Brown