Nurseries, schools, colleges and universities all have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of the students while they are there, and that law applies whether the educational facility is state run or privately owned.
But it is not just students that are at risk of accidents, it could happen to any one of the staff members or visitors as well, and if the accident was not their own fault, they could be entitled to make an injury claim in Risca for compensation.
The staff members and visitors who might want to make a personal injury claim in Risca
- Kitchen staff could be injured while at work. Kitchens can be dangerous places to work, and getting hot liquid or hot fat spilt on them is not an unusual accident to occur.
- Gardeners could be injured by equipment they are using, or by a tree or something similar falling onto them.
- Maintenance staff could be injured in accidents with any of the tools they are using to complete a job, it could be an electric shock they suffer from a faulty electrical tool.
- Admin staff could be injured in a slip, trip or fall accident on faulty floors or is someone leaves wires trailing between to items. Use of a photocopier should also be monitored, as over use can impair the vision of workers.
- Teaching staff can be in any part of the premises at any time, and are vulnerable to all types of accidents while they are at work.
- Visitors to the premises could be the parents of students, someone there to present prizes, or give a talk to the students, or it could be Ofsted inspectors. Their safety has to be protected the same as everyone else’s, from the minute they leave their car in the car park, until they get back in it to leave – lets just hope they do not get injured in the car park before they even enter the buildings.
Of course, the safety of the students is as important as the safety of everyone else, and it is why some of the larger educational facilities feel it is necessary to have a health and safety department, employed especially to deal with these matters, and to try and ensure the risks of accidents are greatly reduced.
Do you want to make a personal injury claim in Risca because of an accident at school, or some other place of education?
If you, or your child, have been injured while at nursery, school, college or university, and the accident was not your own fault, you should be talking to Accident Advice Helpline about claiming the compensation you are legally entitled to.
We have made thousands of this type of claim over the last 14 years, and understand the trauma it can cause children, the thought of having to stand up in court can be too much for them. At Accident Advice Helpline, we make every endeavour to avoid this situation happening, so that their claim can be as stress free as possible for them. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.