Can I claim for a work-related injury in Ripon?
Every employer has a duty to care for their staff. They have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are in the workplace.
How can my employer do this to make sure that I do not have to make an injury claim in Ripon?
There are a few things that an employer needs to do to make sure that you work in a safe workplace. If they do not, and you have an accident due to their negligence, you may be able to make an injury claim in Ripon. Some of the precautions they should take are:
- Make sure that you take proper breaks;
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction;
- Have a health and safety policy, the details of which all staff are aware;
- Making sure you have enough room to work in comfortably;
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and safe;
- Provide, free of charge, any clothing you need to protect you;
- Ensure you are properly trained to use any plant and equipment;
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings;
- Record accidents in an accident book; and
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Could I start an injury claim because of my accident?
If you have a work-related accident, it could produce an extremely serious injury and sometimes even death. Whether your accident is minor or serious, you should contact someone at Accident Advice Helpline to see if you can make an injury claim in Ripon.
Will my boss be able to pay?
Another legal requirement for most employers is that they have employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million, although a lot of insurance companies have an entry level cover of £10 million. It is this insurance that would cover your claim; the money would not come out of the business.
Who do I get in touch with?
The Accident Advice Helpline in-house solicitors have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, so that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
We are here to help you make your injury claim in Ripon. For over 15 years, we have been providing access to justice for non-fault victims of accidents and crimes. We have helped many thousands of claimants to get the compensation to which they were entitled and have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
On our website we have a compensation calculator, which we call the 30-second test. This will help you to find out whether or not you qualify for compensation and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. This line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so we are here to give you free advice whenever you want to call.