If your elbow has been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may need to make an injury claim in Retford
The bone of your upper arm, the humerus, meets with the bones of the lower arm, the ulna and radius, to form the elbow. If any of these three bones are injured, the injury can affect your elbow and you may need to make an injury claim in Retford.
The types of elbow injury that could result in an injury claim in Retford
There are many types of injury that could happen to your elbow, all of which will cause pain in the elbow itself and surrounding areas. Just some of these are:
- Golfer’s elbow;
- Squashed or trapped nerve;
- Bursitis elbow;
- Fractured elbow; and
- Tennis elbow.
If you have any of these problems that have been caused in an accident, and you needed medical attention, you could be entitled to make an injury claim in Retford.
How these injuries happen
- Golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow are similar injuries. They are both caused by a series of small injuries rather than a one-off accident. Constantly using a screwdriver, excessive wringing of clothes or any or repetitive manual work could create the problem. These regular movements make the tendons from your forearm attach themselves to the bone around the elbow.
- Squashed or trapped nerve. This quite often occurs because of the wear and tear that comes with age, but can also happen because of an accidental injury.
- Bursitis elbow. The small sac of fluid behind the elbow becomes inflamed after mild but repeated actions. This quite often happens in people who lean on their elbows a lot. It is often called student’s elbow because of the amount of sitting at a desk students do, probably leaning on their elbows.
- A sprained or fractured elbow is usually the direct result of an accident of some sort.
These injuries often happen because of accidents, whether at work, in a road traffic accident or as the result of a violent crime — anywhere there is a direct or indirect forceful knock to the elbow. It is not uncommon for the injury to seem inconsequential at the time and to worsen over a period of time.
You deserve financial recompense for your injury
Elbow injuries can be extremely painful and disabling. If you find yourself suffering in this way through no fault of your own, you may well want to make an injury claim in Retford.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we understand what you are going through and how tough an injury like this can be. Our advisors will help you to deal with your claim, giving you as little hassle as possible. They will even send you pre-printed forms, so if you are unable to writ because of your poorly elbow, no problem; all you have to do is check the form and sign. Contact them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 – you will have no bother, no money to find upfront and no pressure to proceed unless you want to.