Suffered an accident as a pedestrian and unsure if you can make an injury claim Prudhoe?
If you have suffered a personal injury as a result of an accident which was not your fault and it occurred within the last three years, then you could make an injury claim in Prudhoe. Road traffic accidents involving pedestrians can cause severe and life threatening injuries, which can have a profound effect on victims’ lives.
Causes of accidents involving pedestrians
- Moving vehicles travelling at excessive speeds, failing to stop in time and colliding with pedestrians;
- The driver losing control of the vehicle and hitting pedestrians;
- Alcohol and drug abuse are risk factors which increase the likelihood of reckless driving and road traffic accidents occurring;
- Failure by drivers to give way to pedestrians;
- Drivers fail to adhere to road markings and fail to stop at zebra crossings and traffic light-controlled crossings where pedestrians cross the road;
- Pedestrians fail to wear reflective clothing at night and are hit by moving vehicles;
- Pedestrians wearing headphones, which impacts on their ability to hear approaching traffic in good time to react; and
- Pedestrians fail to look adequately in all directions before they enter the road, step down from a pavement or move between parked vehicles.
Injuries to pedestrians
Painful and debilitating injuries can be caused to a pedestrian in a road traffic accident. The victims may have to suffer many painful operations and long-term treatment in order to regain function and mobility. These can include:
- Broken or fractured bones, especially the pelvis, leg, arm and collar bone;
- Dislocated bones, such as the shoulder;
- Crush injuries due to the impact of a moving vehicle;
- Head and brain injury;
- Injuries to the face and neck, including eye injuries;
- Spinal injuries, which may occur if the pedestrian is trapped underneath;
- Whiplash injury;
- Soft tissue injuries; and
- Cuts and bruising.
Making your injury claim in Prudhoe
Call the personal injury claim experts Accident Advice Helpline, who provide a dedicated 24-hour, seven-day a week helpline service to answer any queries you may have about your accident. We have in excess of 15 years’ experience in processing personal injury claims for road traffic accidents involving pedestrians.
As long as the accident wasn’t your fault and it occurred within the last three years, you can make an injury claim in Prudhoe. Just call 0800 689 0500 and speak to a highly trained and friendly adviser who will give you no-obligation, up to date and relevant advice on how to process an injury claim in Prudhoe. If you prefer, why not take part in our 30-second online test and find out quickly if you can make an injury claim in Prudhoe?
Most claims for personal injury are processed over the phone without the need to attend court, leaving you to concentrate on what is most important — your recovery. Our specialist solicitors all work on our behalf on 100% no win no fee basis, so you can be assured that your claim will be dealt with accountably and professionally at all times.
Date Published: 11th September 2013
Author: David Brown