Had an accident on a motorbike and need to make an injury claim in Prestwich?
Accidents are a common occurrence on our roads involving collisions between motor vehicles and in some cases it is difficult to ascertain who was at fault. However, when a motorbike is involved in a road traffic accident, a driver is usually found to be liable for the cause of the accident, rather than the motorbike rider.
Following a motorbike accident that you may be involved in or witness, it is important that the following steps are followed to ensure you comply with the law, remain safe and fulfil your obligations to other parties involved in the accident:
- Try and remain calm. Call paramedics and the police. Remain at the scene until help arrives.
- If you are able to, ask any witnesses to remain at the scene and get their names and addresses.
- Ensure that the accident scene is safe. Turn off engines and switch on hazard lights. Try and ask someone to direct traffic and if available, use warning triangles on the road.
- Ensure that details are exchanged such as names, addresses, contact details and insurance details.
- Make notes of the make, model, registration and colour of all the vehicles that are involved in the accident.
- If someone refuses to give their details, then do not take matters into your own hands. It is best to call the police and let them deal with the matter to avoid the situation escalating.
- Make a note of the road names and positions of any vehicles. Draw a sketch of the scene and note the position of any witnesses.
- Make a note of the weather and road conditions at the time of the accident, particularly if the motorbike was caused to skid as a result of the condition of the road surface.
- Any other factors which are relevant to the accident should be noted. For example, if a driver was using a mobile device or changed lanes without indicating at a junction.
- Report the incident to your insurers as soon as possible and await further instructions.
Making your injury claim in Prestwich
If you, or someone you know, have suffered a personal injury as a result of a motorbike accident that wasn’t your fault and occurred within the last 3 years, then you could make an injury claim in Prestwich. Simply call the leading experts in processing personal injury claims, Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. They provide friendly, helpful, professional and no obligation advice to people who have been involved in a motorbike accident and have suffered a personal injury as a result. Or if you prefer, go online and take part in their unique 30 second test and see if you can make an injury claim in Prestwich.
The legal partners at Accident Advice Helpline provide a 100% no win no fee service, so give them a call and start your injury claim in Prestwich today.