Do you need help to make an injury claim in Prestonpans following an accident but you’re not sure where to turn, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we’ll offer you free, no-obligation advice on how to make a claim and we’ll support you throughout.
Have you suffered a slip, trip or fall and been injured as a result?
One of the most common causes of accidents are slips, trips and falls, which can often happen when we least expect them to. The result of suffering a slip, trip or fall can mean that you incur injuries which can be very painful and debilitating.
Types of injuries caused by slips, trips and falls
- Sprain to a limb, such as a leg, arm, ankle or wrist, caused by the sudden jerking movement of muscles of the body;
- Broken or fractured bones caused by the impact;
- Head injuries, which can be severe and involve brain injury, especially if a fall from a height has occurred;
- Back injuries due to the impact and position of the body on landing;
- Knee injuries due to cartilage and ligament damage to the joint; and
- Bruising and bleeding of the body.
The causes of slips, trips and falls
Slips, trips and falls can be caused by many different factors, and they can occur anywhere and at any time when you least expect them to happen, for example in the workplace and whilst out and about. Some common causes of slips, trips and falls are:
- Not cleaning up spillages that occur on the floor, leading to slipping;
- Staircases that are poorly lit, leading to falls;
- Lack of suitable handrails on staircases, leading to falls;
- Wet and slippery floor surfaces, leading to slips;
- Uneven flooring, leading to trips;
- Unsigned changes in height of flooring, leading to trips;
- Trailing wiring, e.g. electrical cables, leading to trips;
- Loose, poorly maintained or unsecured flooring, leading to slip hazards;
- Lack of tidiness, leading to obstacles, which can lead to trips; and
- Lack of the correct safety boarding when working at height, e.g. on a scaffold platform.
Making your injury claim in Prestonpans
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury due to an accident caused by a slip, trip or fall that wasn’t their fault and occurred within the last three years, then they can make an injury claim in Prestonpans.
The pain, anxiety and debilitating effects of a slip, trip or fall can mean that you are left unable to work, travel or lead a normal life for a long period of time whilst you receive treatment and rehabilitation. Even if you do not have to undergo an actual operation, you may still require substantial outpatient care whilst your soft tissue injuries are treated, and the recovery period can be lengthy.
If you would like to find out more about making an injury claim in Prestonpans, contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 5000 from a landline or from a mobile call 0333 500 0993 today. Our friendly and helpful advisers offer no-obligation expert advice to ensure that you receive relevant and dependable advice about your accident when you need it most.
The helpline is open to take your call and help you to start an injury claim in Prestonpans. If you’d like some more information first and find out if you’re eligible, go online and put your accident details into our unique 30-second test to see if you can qualify for an injury claim today!
Date Published: 10th September 2013