Suffered an accident and have whiplash injuries?
Road traffic accidents are one of the most common types of accident involving claims for personal injury compensation. Whiplash is known to affect more women than men and is a common injury after being involved in a road traffic accident. If you have suffered an accident and want to find out more about whiplash and making an injury claim in Prestbury, then Accident Advice Helpline can help.
Whiplash may be caused as a result of:
- a sudden impact to the vehicle in which you may be driving or being driven in as a passenger.
- a rear end collision such as being shunted from behind by another vehicle
- the vigorous movement of the head and neck as the head is suddenly moved forwards, backwards or sideways.
- a blow to the head for example during fast contact sports such as rugby
- slip, trip or fall when the head is moved violently backwards on impact
- receiving a head injury following being struck by an heavy object such as during an assault or as result of accident in the workplace
The symptoms of whiplash
Whiplash usually begins to develop slowly following a road traffic accident and can take 6-12 hours for the symptoms to develop and they may worsen in the days following the accident. Following the sudden movement of the head, the ligaments and tendons in the neck are damaged.
Common symptoms are:
- stiffness and neck pain
- tenderness of the neck muscles
- painful neck movements leading to restricted movements
How whiplash is diagnosed
Firstly, consult a medical practitioner as soon as possible following the accident to ensure that you receive prompt medical attention for your injuries. Whiplash may be diagnosed once the details of your accident and resulting symptoms have been described to the doctor. The neck and head will be examined for muscle spasms, tenderness and range of movement. You may be required to have an x ray or scan to give a detailed image, if any fractures are suspected.
Making an injury claim in Prestbury
After suffering an accident that wasn’t your fault and sustaining whiplash, you may be thinking about making an injury claim in Prestbury. Contact the experts in processing personal injury claims, Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to a professional and experienced adviser.
We have over 16 years’ experience of dealing queries that you may have about your injury claim Prestbury and we will ensure that you are informed about your legal entitlement to claim compensation with no obligation advice.
As long as the accident wasn’t your fault and it occurred within the last 3 years’ then give Accident Advice Helpline a call to start your injury claim in Prestbury. If you prefer, you can go online and participate in our unique 30 second test to find out if your qualify to make an injury claim in Prestbury.