Home Safety So You Won’t Have to Pay Out On an Injury Claim in Prescot
If you are involved in an accident or incident in someone else’s home or place of business due to the negligence of those in charge, you may be able to make an injury claim in Prescot. This will get you compensation which pays out against their negligence in letting you become injured.
Sadly, if the same thing happens in your home, you may find yourself on the receiving end of an injury claim in Prescot, having to pay compensation for your own lack of attention. To prevent this from happening, there are a few safety measures you can take in your home to make it that much safer and prevent anyone being hurt when they are in your home;
- Make sure that all stairways and landings are free from clutter, and that any tripping hazards have been taken care of (for example, loose rugs);
- Test fire alarms, burglar alarms and carbon monoxide testers as regularly as you can, and make sure that your boiler is serviced every year;
- Use guards with all fires and open flames. Also make sure that clothing and furniture is kept away from open flames such as candles;
- Clean up any spills as and when they happen. If you are using fluids to clean or decorate, keep them tidy and close to the area which is being cleaned or decorated;
- Never use appliances with cracked or broken cables or plugs. If you find that an appliance isn’t working properly or has a damaged cable, turn it off and unplug it;
- Use restrictor catches on windows both upstairs and down, and keep furniture away from windows on upper floors. This limits the risk of falling out of windows on the upper floors and burglary on lower floors;
- If you need to climb up to the attic or change a lightbulb, use a steady surface and not an old chair or piece of furniture;
- Keep dangerous chemicals out of sight inside cupboards or on top of shelves where children can’t reach them, and keep them in their original bottles so that you can always tell what they are and that they are secure; and
- Never place electrical appliances into the bathroom or around any sources of water.
Making Your Own Injury Claim in Prescot
If you have been injured in someone else’s home and want to seek compensation, you can use Accident Advice Helpline to file an injury claim in Prescot. We have over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims and work with a team of dedicated personal injury lawyers to get you the compensation you deserve. We work on a 100% no win no fee* basis and will work on your behalf, so you don’t even have to go to court. All you need to do is call 0800 689 0500 to get started on your claim.