How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Poulton-Le-Fylde

    Types Of Motorbikes

    If you want to learn to ride a motorbike, then there are a few things which you will need to do, and a few rules which you will need to adhere to in order to be within the law and avoid an injury claim Poulton-Le-Fylde. If you have an accident on a motorbike which was not your fault then you may be able to make an injury claim in Poulton-Le-Fylde and claim compensation for your injuries and any damage to your bike. However if you were to blame for the accident then you will not be able to claim any compensation, may have to pay out on your insurance to the other driver and for any damage to your bike. You may even have an injury claim in Poulton-Le-Fylde coming against you.

    There are three categories of bike and engine size. Which type of provisional license you have and the type of bike you are allowed to drive will depend on your age and some other factors.


    A moped weighs less than 250kg and has an engine no larger than 50cc. These small bikes will travel no faster than 30mph usually and are ideal for beginners or younger drivers. If you have a car driving license obtained before 2001 then you don’t even need Learner plates to start riding a moped. If not then you will need to complete basic CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and be over the age of 16.

    Light Bikes

    These bikes have an engine smaller than 125cc and are larger than mopeds but still smaller than a standard motorbike. You can start to ride a light bike from the age of 17 and will need a provisional licence and to have completed CBT.

    Standard Motorbikes

    You must be over 17, have completed CBT and the theory test and then pass a practical test to get a full licence for a standard motorbike. These are the biggest and heaviest types of bike, and can reach speeds of 100mph and more.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making An Injury Claim in Poulton-Le-Fylde

    If you have been involved in an accident which was not your fault then you may want to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to see if you are able to make an injury claim in Poulton-Le-Fylde. The friendly, helpful team of advisers will do what they can to give you advice on making a claim. They can also point you in the direction of the 30 second test on the website which will tell you how much compensation you may be entitled to. You are under no obligation to continue after this, but if you decide to go ahead with your claim Accident Advice Helpline provides dedicated personal injury lawyers, who will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: 15th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.