How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Portlethen

    If you have been injured due to something which you feel is the fault of your local council, then you may be able to make an injury claim in Portlethen against them. Councils are responsible for a range of services, and if they have let you down one way or another you may be able to claim negligence and thus compensation.

    Advice for making an injury claim in Portlethen against the Council

    Councils are responsible for, amongst others:

    • Parks and recreation grounds;
    • Maintenance of roads and paving;
    • General upkeep of the local area; and
    • Bins and recycling.

    If you have been injured or made ill because any of these elements has not been kept up with, then you can try to make an injury claim in Portlethen. You can do this directly through the council or by using Accident Advice Helpline.

    Approaching the Council directly for your injury claim in Portlethen

    The first thing you will need to be sure of is that your injury is the fault of the council. If the area that has injured you was not part of the council’s jurisdiction, then you may not be able to claim. Similarly, if the accident was actually your fault then the council is not liable for your injury and will not have to pay out.

    When you are making your claim, you will need to write to the council providing the following information:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Your name and address;
    • Date of birth;
    • National insurance number;
    • Details of the incident (what happened, time and date);
    • The nature of the injury;
    • An explanation of why you feel the council has acted negligently; and
    • Any proof you can provide (medical assessments, photographs).

    Once you have sent off your formal letter, you will need to wait for a response. This can take some time, so it is helpful to wait at least two weeks before chasing for a response.

    Using Accident Advice Helpline to fight on your behalf

    Accident Advice Helpline have over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims. All you need to do is call 0800 689 0500  or 0333 500 0993 to speak to one of our friendly, helpful advisors, who will be able to talk you through your injury claim in Portlethen.

    Once your claim has begun, the team will handle everything they can so that you don’t have to be much more involved. You may have to attend one more medical assessment for evidence of your injuries, or answer questions to improve your case, but you shouldn’t have to go to court or speak to the council directly.

    You can also check up on your claim by calling the helpline 24/7 and speaking to a member of the team. If your claim is successful, you will be awarded compensation as soon as possible.

    Date Published: 13th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.