Food poisoning can make you feel really ill, and when you know you have not caused it yourself, that is even worse. You could have got it from a restaurant, a take away, a works canteen, or perhaps from some food you purchased at a supermarket or you local shop. But wherever it was from, as long as it was someone else that caused it, you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Pontarddulais for compensation.
How food poisoning is caused, and how to avoid it
The most common cause of food poisoning is bacteria. They will infest the food and multiply very quickly, infesting any other food they come in contact with. There are precautions food outlets can take to try and reduce the risks though, some of which are:
- Keeping the food preparation areas and all utensils clean at all times, especially between the preparing of different foods.
- Making sure food that should be chilled is stored at the correct temperature.
- Cooking all food properly, making sure there are no raw bits left uncooked.
- Not keeping cooked foods at warm temperatures for prolonged periods.
- Discarding any thawed frozen foods that have not been used, you should never refreeze them.
- Not using food that is past its use by date.
- Not using anything that does not smell right or the colour does not look as it should.
- Making sure that staff members wash their hands regularly, and not letting anyone in the kitchen that is ill.
Most of these precautions are things you would do in your own home, you just have to hope that wherever you have bought your food from takes these precautions as well, or you may be made ill and want to make a personal injury claim in Pontarddulais.
The foods that need more care
There are some foods that are more susceptible to becoming infested than others, and these need more care taking of the way they are stored and cooked.
- Sausages, burgers and kebabs
- Soft cheeses
- Shell fish
- Poultry and pork
- Raw meats
- Cooked sliced meats
- Pre packed sandwiches
- Unpasteurised milk
There are other foods that need care as well, but anyone that deals in food for others should have enough knowledge to know what they are.
Making a personal injury claim in injury claim in Pontarddulais
If you suffer from food poisoning, or any other injury, that was the fault of someone else, you could be entitled to compensation and should be speaking to Accident Advice Helpline to find out for sure.
Our friendly and helpful advisors will answer any questions you may have about making claims, and guide you every step of the way through the processes. They will then let you decide if you want to proceed, but will respect your wishes and not pressure you if you decide not to. There advice comes free of any charge or obligation, when you are considering making a personal injury claim.
You can reach our freephone helpline by calling 0800 689 0500 from your land line. Alternatively you can call 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.