Industrial illness and diseases can prove disabling; make sure you start an injury claim in Polegate
Industrial illness and diseases can be something mild like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to some severe like lung cancer that could prove fatal. Employers have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the work place. If your employer has failed in his duty and you contract an industrial illness or disease, you may be able to make an injury claim in Polegate.
Major or minor, it doesn’t matter, if you got the illness through your work you can make an injury claim in Polegate
It doesn’t matter how major or minor the injury is, if you became ill because of your job, you may be able to make an injury claim in Polegate. Over the last 13 years, Accident Advice Helpline has helped many sufferers of industrial illnesses, some of the more common problems being:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Vibration White Finger, Dead Finger and Hand-arm syndrome. These are all injuries caused by using vibrating tools or equipment. There are rules and regulations regarding the use of these types of tools, which your employer should adhere to.
- Repetitive Strain Injury is caused when the same muscles are used repeatedly for actions they do not normally make.
- Back and spinal injuries can be caused by regular heavy lifting, particularly if the employee has not had the proper training in lifting heavy objects.
- Industrial Deafness is the result of constantly working in excessively loud noise. The employer should try to reduce the noise level and if he cant, should provide you with ear protection which you must wear to safeguard your hearing.
- Dangerous Chemicals and Substances need extra care taken and every step should be taken to avoid as much exposure as possible to these. Where necessary the employer has to provide, free of charge, protective clothing and equipment to try and minimise the problem.
- Asbestos related diseases are still coming to light even though asbestos was banned in the UK at the end of the last century. The problem with these diseases is that they can take up to 40 years to develop and it is expected that the number of reported cases will not peak until 2020.
Making your personal injury compensation claim
If you need to make an injury claim in Polegate, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise and experience you need for a successful claim.
On our website, there is a compensation calculator that we call the 30-second test. We named it this because that is all it takes to find out if you qualify to make a claim. If your do, it will give you an indication of the amount you may be awarded.
Or you can contact one of our friendly advisers on 0800 689 0500. They will discuss your illness with your, talk about the necessary procedures and let you decide if you wish to pursue the claim. You will be under no obligation or pressure to do so, the choice will be totally yours.Open Claim Calculator