A slip, trip or fall sounds minor, but may still need you to make an injury claim in Plockton
Although a slip, trip or fall may sound minor and as though you would not get serious injuries, this is not always the case. For instance:
- If you slipped on some oil that had been spilt on the pavement, you may end up in the path of oncoming traffic that can’t stop in time before hitting you;
- If you tripped over an obstruction in one of the walkways at work, you may end up in a piece of moving machinery that would take a little while for the operator to stop; or
- If you fall from a height because the proper safety precautions had not been taken, like the lack of a handrail, you might not even survive the fall.
So now we know how serious slips, trips, and falls can be, we know why we may have to make an injury claim in Plockton.
If you have a slip, trip, or fall, who is responsible for your injury claim in Plockton?
The responsibility falls on the person or organisation who owns the place you are when your accident happens, but this could be absolutely anywhere:
- If you slip over an uneven paving slab, it would be the local authority that should maintain the pavements;
- If you trip over a box left in the walkway of a shop, it would be the retailer; or
- If you fall down the stairs in a hotel because of wet floors for which there are no warning signs, it would be the hotelier.
The sorts of things you can claim for
How severe your injury is will determine what you can claim for, but you may be able to include:
- Pain and suffering;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Loss of earnings medical costs;
- Travel costs;
- Care costs; and
- Any other cost that results from the accident.
All of these and more may be part of your injury claim in Plockton, which is why when you first contact us we can only give an estimate of the amount you will receive. Every accident, injury and person’s circumstances are unique, and your injury claim in Plockton can be affected by many factors.
Accident Advice Helpline will ensure that every bad effect of your injury is examined
Our solicitors are experts in the field of personal injury compensation claims. They will ensure that your claim is dealt with quickly and efficiently, without compromising the amount of your claim by making sure that every aspect is accounted for.
Our online 30-second test will give you an estimate of the amount you can expect to be awarded, or you can call our advisors on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. They are friendly yet professional, full of advice that you will need to make your personal injury compensation claim.