An accident on your bicycle could cause the need for you to make an injury claim in Pitlochry
If you hit a pothole and are thrown off your bike, or a car doesn’t see you until it’s too late and knocks you off your bike, you could be seriously injured and may need to make an injury claim in Pitlochry for financial compensation.
Cyclists lacks protection, so are more likely to have to make an injury claim in Pitlochry
Compared to other road users, a cyclist has very little protection, so in an accident their injuries tend to be more severe. There are a few precautions they can take to either protect themselves or reduce the risk of an accident, such as:
- Wearing a well fitting good quality safety helmet. There are many fake helmets on the market, so make sure you purchase yours from a reputable supplier;
- Wear kneepads and elbow pads, as these will give some protection to these joints;
- Good quality, sturdy footwear can reduce the risk of broken bones in your feet;
- Avoid riding next to other cyclists. If you have cars behind you that want to overtake, this makes it very difficult for them and could result in an accident; and
- When passing parked cars, make sure that you leave enough room for a door to be opened without knocking you off your bicycle.
Hopefully, these tips will help you avoid the need to make an injury claim in Pitlochry.
If you are involved in an accident, the injuries can be awful
Cycling injuries can be worse than most, and can include:
- Broken bones;
- Back and spinal injuries;
- Head and brain injuries;
- Dental injuries;
- Facial injuries;
- Road rash; and
- Anxiety and stress.
These injuries, along with many others, may result in the need to make an injury claim in Pitlochry if the accident in which you sustained them was the fault of someone else.Open Claim Calculator
Who to go to for your personal injury claim
The person who caused the accident will be the person liable to pay your personal injury compensation claim. In the case of a pothole or bad road surface causing the problem, this would be the local authority responsible for maintaining the road in that area. In the majority of cases, the guilty party will have insurance cover of some sort, and it will actually be the insurance company that settles the claim.
If you call Accident Advice Helpline, you need not worry about who is responsible — we will find who the claim needs to be made to, and we will deal with them on your behalf and make sure that your claim is dealt with quickly and efficiently. Many of our claims are dealt with by phone and very few claimants need to go to court.
We have been handling personal injury compensation claims for over 15 years and have it down to a fine art. Our solicitors are experienced, have the expertise you need to be fighting your corner and will do this with as little hassle to you as possible.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisors — they will start your claim as soon as you feel you are ready to do so.