Injury claim in Piccadilly


Food Poisoning could cause an injury claim in Piccadilly

We all need food. Sometimes we eat at home, but other times its nice to go out for a meal or have a take away.  Whichever way you decide to eat, if the food has been contaminated in some way, it will make you ill and cause the need for an injury claim Piccadilly.

Bad food is not nice, will make you ill and may mean you are entitled to make an injury claim in Piccadilly

Food normally gets contaminated by bacteria and occasionally by viruses.  Once in the food these microbes will breed and multiply very quickly, and unfortunately it’s not a case of the more the merrier.  Your food could be contaminated if:

  • It has not been properly cooked
  • It has been stored at the wrong temperature
  • It has been handled by someone who is ill or who has dirty hands
  • It has been cross contaminated with another food
  • It has gone past its use by date
  • It has been cooked and then kept at a warm temperature for a long time
  • The preparation area is dirty

Any food can become contaminated but some are more prone than others

Some foods need extra care taken with them because they are more prone to contamination. Examples of these are:

  • Poultry
  • Pork
  • Raw meats
  • Raw eggs
  • Unpasteurised milk
  • Pre-packed sandwiches
  • Shellfish
  • Soft cheeses
  • Pate
  • Burgers
  • Kebabs
  • Sausages
  • Cooked sliced meats

It has been known, and there have been some high profile cases, for water to be contaminated leading to lots of people becoming ill and in some cases of death occurring.

The symptoms of food poisoning

The ill feelings usually start no more than 3 days after you have consumed the bad food.  Then you will feel sick, have vomiting and diarrhea and stomach cramps.  The best thing is to rest and drink plenty, in sips is the right way.   Do not attempt any food until you are feeling much better and then make it things that are easy to digest, like toast.

Making your personal injury compensation claim for food poisoning

When you are feeling better, contact Accident Advice Helpline to discuss what has happened to you.  You should also report the illness to the Foods Agency.  They will track the source of the contamination and make sure it is stopped from spreading.

Accident Advice Helpline have been helping claimants get the compensation they were entitled to for over 13 years.  Among the many thousands we have already helped, numerous of the claims have been because of food poisoning.

Our in-house solicitors are experts in making claims.  They will ensure that every aspect of your life that has been affected by your illness or injury will be accounted for; making sure you get the maximum compensation possible for your particular situation.

Our freephone helpline is open 24/7 and our advisers there to give you all the assistance you will need.  The number is 0800 689 0500.  Call us today, the sooner we know about your problems, the sooner we can start your claim.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )