An accident at work could result in you having to make an injury claim in Pathead
All UK employers have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. If they do not comply with the regulations and an employee is injured in an accident, they may face an injury claim in Pathead.
The things employers should do to avoid an injury claim in Pathead
There are things the employer should do to make sure no one is injured and has to make an injury claim Pathead. These include:
- Making sure you have enough room to do your job comfortably
- All plant and equipment should be in proper working order
- Any safety guards or devises should be in place and in proper working order
- Give proper training in the use of plant and machinery
- They should make sure you have proper breaks
- They need to provide protective clothing, free of charge
- Make sure there are proper sanitary facilities
- Record all accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Have a health and safety policy and ensure everyone knows and implements the contents
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency, and ensure all employees know what to do
- Have regular fire drills
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
If the employer fails in his duty with these, or any other regulations that apply specifically to the trade or profession, and an employee is hurt in an accident through no fault of their own, they may be entitled to make an injury claim in Pathead.
The employee also has a duty
Employees should also behave in certain ways in their place of employment and follow the rules and regulations of the health and safety policy. Some of the other things they should do include:
- Refuse to use plant and equipment that is not in proper working order, you cannot be fired for this
- Refuse to use plant and equipment without the safety guards and devises working properly, you cannot be fired for this
- Make sure you take proper breaks a tired employee is more likely to have an accident
- Wear the protective clothing supplied by the employer
- Never drink alcohol during working hours
- If you are unsure how to use a piece of equipment, tell your employer and ask for extra training
- Make sure you know the health and safety policy and act accordingly
- Make sure you know the procedures in case of an emergency
- Do nothing that’s puts yourself or anyone else in danger
How to make a personal injury claim if things still go wrong
To make your work related injury claim in Pathead, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline.Open Claim Calculator
We have helped many thousands of blameless victims get the compensation they deserved, and we can help you.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisers. They will take you through the process needed to proceed.