Making your injury claim in Parsons Green
In most personal injury compensation claims, somewhere along the line there is an insurance company involved. Part of the premiums we all pay is to cover personal injury compensation claims, so when someone makes an injury claim in Parsons Green, the guilty party has paid for you claim through their insurance company.
The different types of insurance that may settle your injury claim
There are many different types of insurance and some companies will even offer bespoke policies, insure whatever you want, however you want, providing you are prepared to pay the premium. The most common ones that would be involved in an injury claim in Parsons Green are:
- Motor insurers – it is illegal to ride or drive any sort of motorised vehicle on road in the UK with at least having third party insurance. Third party is the part of the policy that covers personal injury compensation claims. Sometimes accidents happen where for some reason the guilty party has no insurance. Then the claim would be referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) which is the organisation, funded by all insurance companies that offer motor insurance, which pays the compensation claims for innocent victims of accidents where there is a lack of cover.
- Employers liability insurers – All employers have a legal duty to protect the welfare, health and safety of their employees while in the workplace. There are rules and regulations they should follow to ensure employees do not get hurt, and if an accident should happen, there are procedures they have to follow.
- Public liability insurers – This insurance covers members of the public in most places. Shops, restaurants, offices, factories, local authorities, theme parks, in fact anywhere you can think of probably is insured against an injury claim in Parsons Green.
- Product liability insurers – Concerns that supply goods to the consumer, have to ensure they are safe. If there are any risks attached to a product they have to warn the consumer in a clear and easily understandable way. The main responsibility lies with the manufacturers, producers or imports, retailers only being liable if they knowingly sell an unsafe product.
- Professional indemnity insurers – this covers professional people who have a personal injury claim Parsons Green against them in the course of their profession, such as accountants, lawyers, doctors, and dentists to name but a few.
Dealing with insurance companies
Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with. Instead of trying to manage everything on your own, get in touch. Contact our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 7th September 2013