Are you a victim of a road traffic accident and need to make an injury claim in Oxton?
An accident can occur anywhere and affect any one, normally when we least expect it. Accidents on the roads are a major cause of personal injury compensation claims as they can lead to serious injury and fatality to drivers, passengers and pedestrians. These accidents and the resulting injuries can have devastating consequences for the both victims and their families.
What to do in the event of a road traffic accident
- A driver of a vehicle involved in a road traffic accident must STOP, whether or not the accident was their fault, if: some one is injured, if property is damaged, if an animal in another vehicle or on the road is injured, or if items of street furniture e.g. bollard or street light is damaged.
- The driver of the vehicle must stay near the vehicle long enough to give details to any one involved in the accident or who witnessed the accident
- The driver must give their name and address, the name and address of the owner of the vehicle and the registration number of the vehicle.
- The driver may also report the accident to the police as soon as possible and within 24 hours of it’s occurrence, particularly if they didn’t get the details of the other vehicles involved.
- If some one suffered a personal injury in the accident, then the driver must produce their insurance certificate at the scene or at a police station within 7 days of the accident occurring.
- If damage has been caused by an accident, then the insurance details of the driver concerned should be made available to the victim in case an insurance claim may be made against them.
Making an injury claim in Oxton
If you have suffered a personal injury through a road traffic accident and it wasn’t your fault and occurred within the last 3 years’, then you are legally entitled to make an injury claim in Oxton.
The leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline have in excess of 10 years’ experience of handling personal injury claims involving road traffic accidents. They have a wealth of knowledge that can provide you with no obligation advice about making a personal injury claim in Oxton. They offer up to date and reliable information that lets you decide if you wish to pursue an injury claim in Oxton. The legal partners who work on behalf of Accident Advice Helpline all work on 100% no win, no fee basis. Simply call the helpline at any time. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call.
Why not take part in their unique and quick 30 second on line test and find out if you can qualify to make an injury claim in Oxton?
Date Published: 7th September 2013