How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Ormskirk

    If Your Vet Has Been Negligent – Making An Injury Claim in Ormskirk

    If you feel that your vet has been negligent then you can make an injury claim in Ormskirk to claim compensation. Even if you don’t feel that the situation requires compensation there are still things you should do to report the problem and ensure that something is done about the situation. For many people, their animals are like members of their family, and if you feel that your pet has been treated badly, or something has happened to your pet as a result of the vet’s negligence then it is natural to be angry and want something to be done about the situation.

    What Is Negligence?

    Before you claim negligence then you should be sure of what negligence entails when it comes to your pet. If your animal is ill and dies from its illness then this cannot be attributed to the negligence of the vet. Negligence means that your vet has not prescribed something that they should have, or has prescribed the wrong treatment leading to permanent damage or the death of your pet. In this case you may ask for a refund, free corrective treatment or compensation.

    How To Claim Compensation

    The first thing you should do before trying to make an injury claim in Ormskirk is to speak to your vet directly. You may want to speak with them in person or send a more formal letter, but either way you need to let your vet know that you are unhappy and require something to be done about the situation. Your vet may then offer to do something or offer a refund or compensation immediately.

    The trauma caused by the problems with the vet could be a physiological injury, and that is as much a personal injury as a broken arm or whiplash.  There are many causes of physiological injuries, including witnessing the harm or death of a loved one.

    If you call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, they will discuss the circumstances with you and help you decide if you can make an injury claim in Ormskirk.  They will tell you the criteria for physiological injuries and help you through the processes.  If you are too distressed to deal with this yourself, you should get a friend or family member to call us on your behalf. Accident Advice Helpline has over 13 years’ experience with personal injury claims and have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What You Can Do Other Than An Injury Claim in Ormskirk

    If you still feel that you want more to be done about the situation and are not happy with your vet continuing to practice then you can write to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) who will investigate what has happened and try to reach a conclusion that is good for both you and your vet. If the RCVS finds that your vet has been guilty of professional misconduct, they will discipline them and you should be kept updated as to what conclusions have been reached.      

    Date Published: 8th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.