How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Ollerton

    How To Get ESA – Medical Negligence Injury Claim in Ollerton

    ESA stands for Employment and Support Allowance and is given to those with disabilities which make them unable to work. If you are suffering from a disability which means that you are unable to work then claiming ESA is the best way to meet your monthly outgoings. There are two types of ESA available:

    • income based Employment and Support Allowance
    • contribution based Employment and Support Allowance

    You may be able to get both types of allowance, or just one, depending on whether you have made enough National Insurance contributions when you were working. However you can usually only get contribution based ESA for up to a year.

    How Do I Claim?

    To claim ESA you need to prove that you have limited capacity for work and this will usually be proved by a medical certificate from your doctor. You should visit your doctor as soon as possible to let them know the situation and receive a medical certificate which states that you are unable to work because of your disability. You will then have to have another medical assessment which will look at your disability in more depth to see what you can and cannot do. If this assessment proves that you are unable to work then you will be able to claim ESA.

    How Do I Get A Diagnosis?

    If you have a disability then it is more than likely your doctor will already know about it, but you should go back and explain why your disability is making it difficult for you to work so that the doctor can accurately judge the extent of your disability.

    If you do not get the diagnosis you want from your doctor then you are within your rights to ask for a second opinion.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What If My Doctor Is Wrong?

    If your doctor fails to diagnose you correctly then you should seek another opinion. You can go to another GP or even visit a hospital and asked to be seen by a specialist. Keep pushing for a diagnosis and you should eventually be able to get the help you need, although this can take time.

    Can I File A Medical Negligence Injury Claim in Ollerton?

    Once you have the diagnosis you wanted then you may be able to make an injury claim in Ollerton against your doctor. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to someone who can help. The team of friendly, helpful advisers will be happy to listen to your situation, and you should give as much information as you can so that they can assess whether you can make an injury claim in Ollerton. If they decide that you are able to claim against your doctor then your injury claim in Ollerton will be passed onto the team of personal injury lawyers, who will work on a 100% no win, no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve.

    Date Published: 5th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.