How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Oldham

    If you are involved in a road traffic accident you could be entitled to make an injury claim in Oldham for compensation if:

    • The accident was the fault of someone else
    • You were injured in the accident
    • Your injuries needed medical attention
    • The accident took place within the last three years

    If this is your situation, and you want to make a personal injury claim in Oldham, Bristol, Glasgow or anywhere else in the UK, Accident Advice Helpline can help you. We operate nationwide, so no matter where you are, our network of nearly 200 solicitors have it covered.

    Settling your personal injury claim in Oldham

    Usually, with a claim because of a road traffic accident, an insurance company would settle the claim. It is illegal for any motorised vehicle to be on UK roads without insurance, and even the most basic of it, third party, pays for your car and injuries if someone caused the accident.

    But have you considered what would happen if for some reason the guilty party had no insurance? This could be the case for several reasons, a few suggestions being:

    • It could be a stolen car
    • The driver could have not renewed his insurance
    • It could be invalidated for some reason
    • It could a hit and run accident and you don’t know who the other driver was

    Whatever the reason, you could find that there is no insurance company at the other end of your claim to pay your compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Settling uninsured claims

    All is not lost! Road traffic accident claims with this problem are referred to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). Any insurer that provides motor insurance has to be a member, and pay a yearly levy based on their motor insurance business turnover. This is then used to settle claims where there is a lack of insurance.

    Any road traffic accident where injuries are involved should be reported to the police, and if you need to make a claim with the MIB, this needs to have been done within 5 days of the accident, or they will not consider your claim.

    MIB claims can be complex and need the care and attention of a specialist law firm.

    As well as settling uninsured claims, the MIB collect the data from all insurance companies about every vehicle they insure. This is all fed into one huge database, which has the details of every insured motorised vehicle in the UK. This is not only useful for them in tracing negligent drivers, and it has been a useful tool for the police in catching them as well.

    But making a claim with the MIB can be complex, and the best way to secure its success, is to let Accident Advice Helpline assist you.

    Making your personal injury claim in Oldham

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline if you want to make a personal injury claim for any types of accidents, we have specialists in them all. Our freephone helpline is manned by friendly and helpful advis3rs who will give you all the free legal advice you may need, and guide you through every step of making a personal injury compensation claim. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: 28th October 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.