How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Oldbury

    Injury claim in Oldbury

    Accidents in nurseries, schools, colleges and universities happen more often then people realise. Children, teachers, cleaners, kitchen staff and visitors to the premises of educational facilities should all be able to feel safe, and there should be health and safety measures in place to keep them that way. Otherwise, they could be making a personal injury claim in Oldbury against the relevant authority, for injuries sustained in an accident that was not their own fault.

    The accidents that happen in educational facilities that can result in a personal injury claim in Oldbury

    There are many different types of accidents that happen in these places, and some of the ones we have been asked to deal with in the past include:

    • Slips, trips and fall accidents within the buildings or grounds
    • Defective furniture such as desks and chairs
    • Faulty electrical items causing electric shocks
    • Faulty equipment in the gym or play areas
    • Food poisoning from the canteens
    • Accidents in labs and workshops
    • Moving heavy items, without being trained how to
    • Building repairs not carried out, and causing injury
    • Car park accidents

    These are just a few of the accidents you could make a personal injury claim in Oldbury for, the list of them is endless, and they should all be prevented.

    Making an injury claim in Oldbury on behalf of your child

    You cannot make a personal injury claim if you are below 18 years of age, but that does not mean you are not entitled to compensation. In this situation, a parent or guardian should make the claim on the child’s behalf, to make sure they receive what they are legally entitled to, and deserve. Quite often, if the compensation is a substantial amount, the courts will insist the money is put in trust for the child till they reach a certain age, but even that means it is there to help them, perhaps when they will need it most.

    If a claim is not made at the time of the accident, the child has three years from their 18th birthday to claim for themselves. But as this could be several years later, it may be a lot harder claim to prove.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Getting the help of the professionals for your child’s claim

    Accidents are traumatic for adults, and even more so for children. Any claim made for them needs to be kept as stress fee as possible, and we understand that at Accident Advice Helpline. 

    Over the last 14 years, we have assisted many families to get the compensation their child has deserved, and wherever possible have made sure that the child has been kept away from the court room, which can be distressing enough for them in any situation, but doubly so if they are having to face someone from the school they attend.

    You could complete the 30-second test on our website to find an estimate of how much your child could be due, or call our freephone helpline and have a chat to one of our friendly advisors about how we can help you and your child with their claim. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: 28th October 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.