How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Old Street

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Old Street

    Responsibilities of Local Councils – Can I Make An Injury Claim in Old Street?

    Your local council is there to keep you safe and ensure that your day to day life runs as smoothly as possible. There are a huge list of services that your local council is there to provide and if you are injured or let down by your local council then you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

    How Do I Make An Injury Claim in Old Street?

    If your council has let you down and you want to make an injury claim Old Street then you can call Accident Advice Helpline to find out more. The helpline is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and puts you through to a team of advisers who can talk you through your injury claim Old Street/City. They will process your claim for you if they decide that you are eligible for compensation, and you should not have to go to court or deal with the claim directly. Personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis so you have nothing to lose.

    What Is My Council Responsible For?

    Among others, your council is responsible for:

    • Waste collection
    • Recycling and waste management
    • Maintenance
    • Street cleaning
    • Health and safety
    • Dog control
    • Environmental protection/safety
    • Building control and inspection
    • Enforcement of bylaws
    • Parks and recreation facilities

    If anything goes wrong with any of these areas and you are involved in an accident or injured then you should be able to claim compensation. You should complain to your council before you do anything else so that they are aware of the problem and can work to get it fixed.

    How Can I Complain To My Council?

    Most councils have a catch-all telephone number which can forward you to the correct department. Let the team on the phone know that you have a complaint and what it is in reference to so that they can put you through to the right party. You should then outline the problem and what the cause has been, and let them know that you will be seeking compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    In many cases it is also helpful to write to the council so that they have a written record of your complaint and the action you plan to take. If you are seeking compensation, you could always look on the Accident Advice Helpline website to find out how much compensation you may be owed (using the 30 second test) and ask for this amount in your letter. In some cases councils may want to avoid legal proceedings and will agree to give you compensation straight away.

    You should also demand immediate action on the problem that has caused your injury, and if you do not get the response you want write to your local councilor to explain the problem to them directly. If you use all of the avenues available to you then you should be taken far more seriously.

    Date Published: 4th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.