Soft tissue injuries are some of the easiest of all injuries to sustain in an accident that was not your own fault, and they are often why an innocent victim makes a personal injury claim in Nottingham. Probably the best known of them is whiplash, which is a soft tissue injury in the neck.
An explanation of soft tissue injuries, and why victims make a personal injury claim in Nottingham for them
What are known as the soft tissues in our bodies are mad up of three main things:
- Muscles – these help our bodies to move, and give us strength and energy to function. Without them, our limbs would not move as effortlessly as they do.
- Ligaments – these are found at the ends of our bones and hold them together. Although they are very tough, they are also very easily stretched or torn.
- Tendons – tendons are really tough tissues that attach our muscles to our bones, making sure that each bone can move as it should.
Obviously there are much softer tissues in our bodies, but these are called soft tissues because they could be counted as part of our bone structure, and compared to our bones they are soft. One thing is sure, without any of these our skeleton would not be able to move.
Often damage to them is termed as a sprain, which is exactly what the proper name for whiplash is, a sprain in the neck.
Soft tissue injuries usually heal themselves over time, but while they are healing they can be very painful and disabling, which is why innocent victims of this type of injury often make a personal injury claim in Nottingham.Open Claim Calculator
Some of the more usual causes of soft tissue injuries
There are many ways these types of injuries can happen, but some of the more usual ones are:
- Excessive weight bearing such as heavy lifting without proper training
- Slipping, tripping or falling and landing awkwardly
- Falling from things such as cycles or motorbikes
- Road traffic accidents
- Playing contact sports such as rugby or martial arts
Anything that puts the muscles, ligaments or tendons under excessive strain, or if they are over exerted in any way, can lead to a soft tissue injury, and if you have sustained one through the fault of someone else, you may be entitled to compensation, by making a personal injury claim in Nottingham.
Claiming compensation for a soft tissue injury
If you have sustained any type of injury in an accident that was not your fault, it does not matter where in the UK you are, Accident Advice Helpline have it covered.
We have a network of nearly 200 solicitors and lawyers who are all specialists in personal injury claims, no matter what the accident, the injuries or where it happened – over 14 years’ experience of making successful claims have given us the experience, expertise and knowledge to handle them all.