North Shields is a town on the River Tyne in North East England. The location of North Shields allows easy access to the North Sea, and the settlement developed as a result of the fishing industry associated with this. Fishing is still big business in North Shields and many local people are employed within this industry.
If you work in the fishing industry you may have been injured through no fault of your own. If this is the case you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim in North Shields.
Accidents to fishing workers could be caused by a range of factors:
- You could be injured due to moving machinery on board the boat, for example a winch used to pull up nets. If you feel your employer has not trained you properly or provided you with sufficient safety protection to use specialist equipment on board, then you could make an injury claim in North Shields.
- You could be aboard a boat which experiences a serious incident such as a collision or capsize. This may lead to injuries and fatalities for fishing workers on board. The psychological effects of such an event could mean you are never able to go back to work in the fishing industry.
- You could be swept overboard and become injured or drowned. If you are not provided with the correct safety protection and clothing the effect of this could be increased as your buoyancy may not be sufficient.
- You may feel as though you have unnecessarily been exposed to a contagious illness or infection.
- You might experience a slip or trip if someone has not stowed equipment away properly, or you have not been provided with the correct footwear.
What should I do if I need to make an injury claim in North Shields?
Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with a specialist lawyer if you have been injured whilst working within the fishing industry. Our friendly advisers are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just give them a call on 0800 689 05000800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile) and they can guide you through a simple 30-second test to find out how much compensation you should be able obtain from your injury claim in North Shields. All our lawyers work on a no win no fee basis. This means if they do not win your case then you will have no solicitor’s fees to pay.
Making an injury claim in North Shields could help you with the costs of being injured whilst at work within the fishing industry. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with over 10 years’ experience in personal injury law. Call us now to find out how much your injury claim in North Shields could be worth.
Date Published: 5th September 2013