Would you like to make an injury claim in Newton Mearns following an accident that wasn’t your fault? If so, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make your claim. We have over 16 years’ experience of specialising in personal injury claims and in that time, we’ve helped thousands of innocent accident victims to make successful claims.
Warehouses can be hazardous places to work. Accidents often occur in them, and if you are involved in one that was not your fault, and you were injured because of it, you may be able to make an injury claim in Newton Mearns.
A warehouse accident that can result in an injury claim in Newton Mearns
The dangers of working in a warehouse are numerous and some of the common events that cause accidents are:
- People tripping over objects left on the floor. Strapping and packaging should always be cleared away. Quite often in warehouse work, the victim will have their hands full and might not always see the obstruction.
- Spillages on the floor should be cleared up as soon as possible. Oil particularly can be very slippy, and if someone is carrying something heavy, slips and it falls on them, the results could be a very nasty injury.
- Objects falling onto people. If something is stacked high and one falls off the top and hits someone, there could well be a resulting injury that would need an injury claim in Newton Mearns. Even a small object, if it falls from a big height, can cause untold damage.
- Heavy lifting injuries – any employee should be trained how to do this properly. The law states that as much manual handling as possible should be eliminated, and where this cannot be, every safety measure should be in place.
- Accidents involving a forklift truck. An essential piece of equipment in any warehouse, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They should be properly maintained and only qualified drivers should operate them
- Being exposed to chemicals and dangerous substances. This could be something being stored in the warehouse or perhaps used for cleaning the warehouse. Whichever, the employer has a legal duty to minimise the employees’ contact with the products.
- Falling from heights. Warehouses often need workers to be above floor level throughout the day. The Work at Height Regulations main priority is that employers ask the employees to be above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way around it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as the can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
Protecting the warehouse staff
Accidents in warehouses will always happen and all that the employers can try to do is reduce the risks as much as possible. They can:
- Provide protective clothing such as boots and gloves
- Issue everyone with a hard hat and make sure they are worn
- High-vis jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
Where you should go to make an injury claim
If after everything being done correctly, you are still in an accident at the warehouse, that was not your fault, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline to get help to make an injury claim in Newton Mearns. We work in partnership with an extensive network of the most specialist lawyers across Scotland and because they all work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, there are no upfront costs for you to make a claim.Open Claim Calculator
Either through our website on by phone, we will assist you in getting the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. You can call us anytime free from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from your mobile (charges may vary).