Brain injuries can be devastating and create the need to make a brain injury claim in Newton Abbot
As one of the most fragile parts of our bodies, the brain is easily injured in the event of a head injury, and if this happens to you, or a member of your family and it was not their fault, you should consider making an injury claim Newton Abbot.
A family member can make your injury claim in Newton Abbot for you
Severe brain injuries can be life changing and if the victim is so badly injured they are not capable of dealing with a personal injury claim Newton Abbot themselves, a family member should contact Accident Advice Helpline on their behalf. The possible brain injuries that could happen are numerous, but here are just a few:
- Concussion, the mildest form of and most common head injury
- Closed head injury is where there is an impact to the skull, but nothing is broken
- Penetrating head injury happens when an object fractures the skull and enters the brain
- Brain confusion is caused by the brain becoming bruised or swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Diffuse brain injury is where the head has been shaken around and the brain has knocked against the skull. This can cause injuries in several parts of the brain.
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
Any one of these is severe enough to warrant an injury claim in Newton Abbot
The consequences of a brain injury
Like all injuries, people react differently to them, but in the case if a brain injury, the victim may have no choice about they demeanor. The effects can include:
- A total loss of or altered speech
- The attention span shortens
- They find it hard to concentrate
- Their memory can be affected
- Speed of thought
- The way they react emotionally can change dramatically
- General behavior changes
- Weakness or paralysis
- Difficulty with balancing
- Difficulty walking
- A lack of co-ordination
- They senses of smell taste and touch can change
- They can become very anxious and get depressed easily
- They can have problems with understanding or comprehending situations or what is being said to them
The biggest problem of all, for the victim, is that many of these repercussions are not visible and people often react with shock, which the victim cannot understand.
Accident Advice Helpline realise the problems
Accident Advice Helpline fully understand the trauma these type of injuries cause, not just for the victim, but they can be life changing for the family as well.
You will find our advisors to be friendly and compassionate, used to dealing with this type of problem. They will guide, whoever it is that contacts us, through all the necessary processes and make sure the claim is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Call them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, and don’t worry about financing the claim. We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, so no money is needed to start the claim.
Date Published: 2nd September 2013