How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Newark-on-Trent

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Newark-on-Trent

    Ways To Get In Touch With Your Local Council – Injury Claim in Newark-on-Trent

    Getting in touch with your council regarding a number of things can be difficult from time to time. Generally your council will have one set of offices which deals with everything to do with your local area, from council tax and benefits to your injury claim in Newark-on-Trent. This means that the call centre staff may be overwhelmed with calls from time to time, and you may not get the response you want when you want it. If you have had an accident or injury which you feel was the fault of your council then you may want to make an injury claim in Newark-on-Trent. An injury may be the fault of the council if it is the result of:

    • Broken/cracked pavements
    • Broken or faulty railings, gates, kerbs
    • Playgrounds which have not been maintained properly
    • Areas with a lot of refuse or dangerous materials left around

    Anything that the council is charged with maintaining can cause an injury if it has not been maintained properly. In this case you are within your rights to make an injury claim in Newark-on-Trent. Here are some ways to get in touch.


    You can find out your local council’s phone number either online or in the phone book. You will usually go through a central switchboard and have to find the right department there. As mentioned before, though, these call centres can often be overwhelmed and you may have an extremely long wait time or not be able to get the answers you need during your phone call.


    You can write to your local council with the details of your injury and the amount you want to claim in compensation. Look online and do some research before you write your letter to ensure that you have included everything you need to (including why you feel that your injury is the fault of the council). Make sure to include plenty of contact details so that the appropriate person can get back to you as soon as they can. You may find that you have to wait some time to get a response if you contact the council in this way.

    Walk In

    If you know where your local council offices are then you may want to walk in and ask to speak to someone in charge. Again, you may have to wait some time, but this option does at least give you the chance to speak to someone in person and get a response straight away. You may still be asked to write in with your information though.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Use Accident Advice Helpline To Make An Injury Claim in Newark-on-Trent

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience dealing with injury claims against councils and will be happy to take on your case. They have a team of personal injury lawyers working on a 100% no win no fee* basis, who will work with you and get in touch with the council for you to get you the compensation you deserve. All you need to do is call 0800 689 0500 to speak to someone who can help.

    Date Published: 29th August 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Location Posts

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.