How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Monmouthshire

    How to deal with sadness after a trauma, and make an injury claim against another person

    Sadness is a fairly common reaction to any traumatic event or shocking situation. If you have been injured in an accident, for example, it is perfectly natural to feel angry and sad for a little while following what has happened to you. It is for this reason that you will often get counselling for a few weeks after a serious accident or other trauma.

    However, in the grip of serious sadness, it can often feel that there is no way out, and this can also lead to depression. If you want to avoid depression as much as possible, here are some ways to deal with your sadness as soon as it kicks in.

    • Talk to others. If you are feeling sad then it is likely that other people connected to the trauma are feeling sad as well. Being able to discuss your feelings with other people can be a great way for you to start getting past the problem, so make it your mission to talk to everyone that you can about what has happened.
    • Get counselling. Counselling is there to help people who have been through traumatic experiences, and you will be able to work with a trained counsellor who can help you to accept what has happened and move past it.
    • Do something else. If you find yourself getting into your  head and feeling very sad about something, do something else as soon as possible. Even if you just change your task for a short period of time, your brain will be focused on the new thing that you are doing rather than the sadness that you feel.
    • Be sad for a while. Although it is unhealthy to still eb sad years after a trauma, for some weeks or even months afterwards it is normal to feel sadness, and actually more healthy to accept and go through than to try to cut off.

    Making an injury claim in Monmouthshire if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault

    You should think about making an injury claim in Monmouthshire if you have been involved in an accident in which you were badly injures thanks to the negligence of another person.

    Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers, who work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis to help you to make your injury claim in Monmouthshire. These lawyers also work on your behalf on your injury claim in Monmouthshire, so that you shouldn’t have to go to court. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0939 from a mobile to get started.

    Date Published: 30th October 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.