Head and brain injuries can cause an injury claim in Millom
One of the most fragile parts of our bodies is our brain, generally well protected by the skull, sometimes accidents happen that damage the head and injure the brain.
If this happens to you, and the accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Millom.
How the brain can be harmed and cause an injury claim in Millom
A brain injury can be life changing, for the family of the victim as well as the victim themselves. There are numerous injuries that can affect the brain, just some of them are:
- Concussion – the most common and mildest form of brain injury
- Closed head injury – in this injury there is an impact to the head which does not break the skull
- Penetrating head injury – the name says it all. This is where the skull is fractured and something enters the brain
- Diffuse brain injury – if the head is shaken about, the brain can be knocked from side to side hitting the skull and damaging the brain in several places
- Brain confusion – the brain becomes swollen when the skull is cracked or broken
- Bleeding inside the skull around the brain
- Bleeding between the skull and the brain
If any type of brain injury happens to you and its not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim in Millom.
The effects of a brain injury
The main effect of a brain injury, more than any other type of injury, is it can affect the family as much as the victim.
For the family, the injured party can be like a different person and some of the effects they will have to contend with are:
- Shortening of attention span
- Loss of or altered speech
- Memory loss
- Lack of concentration
- Speed of though
- Emotional reactions
- Behavior changes
- Lack of co-ordination
- Difficulty with balance
- Difficulty with walking
- Difficulty with understanding or comprehending
- Altered sense of smell, taste or touch
One of the biggest problems for the victim is that they do not always understand what has happened to them, the injuries are not visible so the reactions they get from other people can be puzzling for them.
Making a claim
You can see from the effects of a brain injury, tat the victim may not be in a fit state to make an injury claim in Millom themselves. This should not stop them receiving compensation, in fact it is even more important that they do.
A family member should contact Accident Advice Helpline on their behalf, give all the details of the accident and resulting injuries, we will take it from there.
For over 13 years we have been helping claimants receive the compensation they deserve and among the any thousands we have helped the have been numerous brain injury victims.
Contact our helpline on: 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our advisers. You will find them friendly and compassionate and they will take the worry out of your hands.
Date Published: 25th August 2013